His Siblings

Chapter 13: His Siblings

“Love makes time pass… Time makes love pass.”

“We will take this one, please. And this one and that pale blue one and that. No. Not that one, that one. Yes, please. Ooooh one shoulder with asymmetrical pleats. Tell me Mademoiselle, is this gown made of thin moquette or just thick velvet?” I watched Gold in clear awe of her grace as she moved grabbing and dropping one gown to another, creating a massive pile of dresses beside the counter.

“What do you think of this Lucy?” She pulled out an icy silk tulle gown and showed it to me.

“It’s beautiful.” It really was beautiful; I can see myself wearing it. She looked at the gown and gave it a disapproving frown.

“No. This one only looks good with blondes.” She said, pouting and dropping it on the floor while Mademoiselle Antoine’s assistant quickly picks it up. “Have you picked up something you’ve fancied?” She asked as she noticed my hand resting on a forest green figure-flaunting fishtail gown.

“I’m not good at this. I have absolutely nothing in mind.” I asked as I found relief on her face.

“Oh I thought you fancy that green one because you will surely look like a swamp mermaid with it. You don’t want to be mistaken for a Druadan do you?”

“Swamp mermaid? Mermaids do exist now?” I asked. I won’t be surprised if she says yes.

“No, I don’t think so. And just to inform you; you only have to wear either silver or blue because they’re the Azurian colors. So might as well drop that green one. If the Lady of Druada sees how good you look on their color they might make you forget about Reece and marry their Prince Troy.” Her last statement was half a joke and half a warning. I took the later point and chose a crisp white strapless beaded column dress which was less dramatic than her choices. I showed it to her.

“That one could use some serious steam iron,” She said and flashed me a glittery royal blue dress with silver embroidery and diamond studded waistline which Mademoiselle Antoine just handed her. “…but this is what you are wearing.” It was drop dead gorgeous. I wouldn’t dare to ask if those stones are just Swarovski because Azura have seemed to have an overflowing supply of diamonds that even Gold would randomly glue to her home shoes. “I want to have this on a separate box from the others.” She added. Mademoiselle Antoine nodded, just too pleased.

“We’re still taking the others?” I asked, pointing at the mountain of gowns and underwear in all shades of blue, white, silver and gray.

“What will you wear at home if we won’t?” She asked. I realized she had a point. Ebony just brings me clothes every time I needed one; they all might be Gold’s. I nodded. “How much is it?” She asked Mademoiselle.

“Nine hundred and twenty silver pieces, Princess Gold.” She answered as Pablo dropped a wooden chest to Mademoiselle’s desk. Nine hundred and twenty silver pieces for a pile of dresses and lingerie taller than me? The Queen has surely spent a fortune for giving away six hundred gold pieces to the gypsy just for a prediction of her future grandchild’s gender.

“I will refer you to my brother Franco for your jewelry my Princess.” Mademoiselle held my hand, looked at me and then Gold for approval. “He has been well informed of your arrival, your majesty.” She added. And I thanked her for that.

“Don’t you think it looks too expensive?” I said looking at the diamond ring that Gold keeps on insisting we’d take. I remember Tyler’s engagement ring. I should give it back to him now that we’re finally not together.