Part Two ~ Chapter Two

“I could feel butterflies go off in my stomach that would tell me just why I’ve fallen for that boy.”

-Amy

------------

AMY:

            “Hey,” I greeted MB, picking up an arrow like it was any other normal day. It had been a little while since the kiss, and things were still really confusing. I didn’t know what kind of message MB was trying to send to me. He kissed me on the dock that night, yet the next day he acted as if it was nothing. So, yes, I will admit that I had a crush on him. But I wasn’t sure if we were going to getting anywhere if he kept acting like everything was normal.

            “Hey doctor.”

            I smirked at him and rolled my eyes, knowing he was referring to my newest phase, being a doctor. “

            "So I got a funny story," MB said as he was stringing his bow.

"Oh? Do tell." I smiled, trying to act as if I was really paying attention as MB told me a story about one of his teachers being obsessed with the color purple. But honestly, I had zoned out just watching MB's face as he talked. He was everything a girl could ask for. Sweet, charming, funny, and pretty hot. Yet why was he acting like there was no connection between up, I mean HE kissed ME.

"So?"

"What?" I blinked as MB brought me back to reality.

"The masquerade ball for Halloween. You going?"

"Oh of course!" I smiled. "Can't miss a good dance."

"This will be your first at Hamilton, won't it?"

I nodded. "Should I be concerned?"

MB laughed, his laugh ringing out clearly and bouncing off the trees in a melodic sort of way. "Only when the football team is running it."

"Matt and a dance... This will be interesting."

MB laughed again, but this time he faced his attention towards the target and went back to his archery. I felt sort of disappointed that the moment was over, but I guess I was glad to at least be able to spend time with him.

At the end of archery, both MB and I went into the woods to retrieve the arrows that ha missed the target.

"I can't find my last one," I complained, trampling through sticks and leaves in efforts to find my last arrow.

"Let me help," MB offered, coming over to where I was to see if he could spot my arrow.

"Tha- Ooof!" As I was about to thank MB for helping me, I tripped on a tree root hidden under some leaves, bring MB down with me. How embarrassing.

But instead of getting up, I lay down in the leaves laughing alongside MB. The sun shone through the trees and onto the ground, illuminating the place in dazzling colors.

I turned my face sideways, meeting up with dreamy blue eyes. I took in a breath as I realized MB and I were just inches away. His breath tickled on my cheek, and we were so close to that kiss... So close.

"Hey guys."

"Shit," I muttered, scrambling up and come face to face with Andrew befre stumbling backwards a bit. "What the hell?"

"Oh don't mind me," Andrew smirked. "I was just passing by."

"Through the woods on the archery grounds?"

"Felt the need for a walk."

"Wh-"

"A doctor? Really?" Andrew rolled his eyes at me. "I swear Amy you nee to grow up." And then he walked away, not giving me a chance to answer him.

"We should get back," MB coughed uncomfortably.

I nodded. "Yeah, I can find the arrow later." I then turned on my heel so that MB couldn't see me blushing madly at what had just happened. I tried not to let comments like that from Andrew bug me, but I was really ticked off about him ruining what could have been another kiss. Every time MB and I got that close, I could feel butterflies go off in my stomach that would tell me just why I’ve fallen for that boy.

“I have to go,” I said quickly as soon as we got back. I zipped up my backpack and tossed it over my shoulder before taking off. I felt bad for abandoning him, but I didn’t think MB would really care. He had been showing me mixed signs that got my head swimming in confusion. But more than that, I was about to go give Andrew a piece of my mind. I spotted him quickly, walking discreetly down towards the dining hall.

“Oh. It’s you.” Andrew raised an eyebrow when he saw me.

“You idiot!” I shrieked, shoving both of my arms into his chest, but he kept his footing.

“What are you talking about?” The innocence in his voice made me was to hurt him even more.

“You were just taking a walk through the woods, huh?” I grumbled. “What the heck is you problem? I realize you’re out to ruin my life, but can you keep my love life out of this?”

“Love life?” Andrew gave me a look that I couldn’t read. “Right.”

“Shut up!” I closed my eyes in frustration. “You know that’s not what I meant!”

Andrew shrugged. “Whatever,” he shook his head. “I gotta get going. Oh, and you should really reconsider that outfit of yours.” And then that idiot disappeared once again, as he continued his walk with his hands in his pocket, his shoulders slumped in a casual walk kind of way.

“I swear…” I muttered, but he was too far to hear me. But someone did hear me, and we both made eye contact for a moment before looking away. I gave Matt a small smile before hurrying off in the opposite way. I didn’t want to go back to the archery field and face MB, nor did I want to head back the way I was going towards the dining hall and have to talk to Matt or Andrew. So I decided upon taking a swim, something I hadn’t thought about doing on a brisk October day. But heck, why not? I needed  a way to get rid of all my stress.

As I dove into the cool lake after changing, I let the murky waters engulf me into a different world. The water felt tingly against my skin, and I shut my eyes so I could just let myself submerge. I felt weightless in the water, like I was floating in the midst of everything.

Only once did I come up for breath and actually bother to open my eyes did I see that there had been a drastic change in sky color. Now a brilliant orange was streaked across the sky, making a shiver go up my spine. I took a deep breath and went back under.

I swam around, inspecting the soft sand underwater and feeling how weightless it felt between my fingers. As the sky seemed to dim, the water grew darker before my eyes. I came to the surface again, floating on my back and gazing at the stars and the crescent moon that was forming as if without a care in the world.

But that was the problem. I knew that when things were perfect, something was bound to go wrong. And the thunderclouds that suddenly came out of nowhere signaled my moment ending, sending me scrambling for my towel to get out of the incoming rain. 

____________

Heyy guys! Sorry, the tabbing might be a little awkward on this. Idk how to fix it :P 

I just wanted to say, if you're reading this you are amazing(: Thank you soooo much for all your support and for continuing on to part two<3 Just had to let that out. :D

Anywhoo, I know, I know, another filler. But hey, doesn't a storm foreshadow something bad is about to happen(; See where I'm going with this? *wink wink* Yes, I wanted to start off the drama early with this.

So I want to know what you think about MB and Amy? Andrew? 

Shall upload Tuesday. Until then, peace.

xx

Ella

Comment, vote, fan<3