Part Two ~ Chapter Ten

“I think I look perfectly normal.”

-Amy

------------

AMY:

            I glared at Andrew with a certain distaste. “This is all your fault!” I pointed an accusing finger at his face.

            He held up two defensive hands. “Hey, hey, hey, how did I cause this letter to suddenly disappear?”

            “Isn’t it obvious?!” I exclaimed. “We didn’t read that damn letter because you were missing for some reason! If you had come to the office like you were told, then we could have all read the letter right then and there.”

            Andrew didn’t know how to respond to that. So, I just continued with my rant to make him feel even guiltier.

            “That letter might have potentially been the solution to everything! It might have told us how we could be safe, how things could have changed. We could have known how Kathryn was involved in all of this!”

            “Someone must have taken the letter because it had secret information in it,” Julia added. “Information they didn’t want us finding out.”

            “You mean like Mr. Grey?” Matt suggested. “I think he was behind all of this. If he killed Kathryn for supposedly protecting Ethan, he might not want us finding out what she has to say in that letter.” Matt protectively put his hand around Ethan’s shoulder, who to my surprise didn’t duck out from under his brother’s arm.

            “Answers,” I muttered. “I bet that letter had answers…”

            Andrew was just looking guiltily at the ground, shuffling his feet as if he didn’t know what to do. Normally, I would feel bad for accusing somebody and making them feel guilty, but this is Andrew we’re talking about here. This kid had been tormenting me for weeks now, so why couldn’t I do the same? I could care less that we had called a truce, I knew Andrew still wouldn’t change.

            “Wait, let me get this clear…” My brother paused for a moment. “So Kathryn was murdered, and we think it was Mr. Grey. The reason for that would be because Kathryn saved Ethan’s life, and Mr. Grey was clearly pissed off by that. Now this supposed letter from Kathryn might just have had some answers on why Kathryn was out in the woods saving Ethan in the first place and if there’s something else going on with Mr. Grey that we might not know about?”

            I waited until my out-of-the-loop brother tried to sum things up for us. “Yes, Johnny. But now we don’t have that letter thanks to someone.” I turned my accusing gaze back to Andrew, who just looked away. Wasn’t so good being in the spotlight now, was it?

            “Okay, let’s not blame anyone.” Matt stepped in between us. “No need for any fighting.” I knew he was still worried that the tension might snap between everyone and things would go back to before when we were not friends.

            “Fine,” I grumbled, crossing my arms.

            “I need to tell you guys something.” I jumped as I heard Ethan’s voice, forgetting that he was here all along.

            Matt gave Ethan a look, and I saw some exchange being passed between them with their facial expressions. The rest of us stood their awkwardly, not knowing what was going on and still half angry and half concerned about that letter going missing. I guess Ethan ended up winning their silent argument, because Matt fished something out of his back pocket and gave it to Ethan.