Grumpy beginnings

Erica's POV
'Another day, another bright start' .Such a boring concept of life. For me , it was 'another day, time to think of another way to survive this hell '.

 Like most of the teenagers, a very large part of my mind thought that my life is hell. And just like any other teenager , I think it is true and just can not think otherwise.

Getting up in morning and leaving my so called' love' , my bed ,was the hardest thing and people don't even have a  heart to say something good after a drastic breakup.I got up from my bed , stretched a bit to reduce some stiffness  and went into  the restroom to take a look at myself and to brush my teeth. 

When i thought that I looked presentable ,  I hurried down the stairs and muttered a good morning to mum and Evan .

 Mum  looked up at me, brought some corn flakes to the table , mixed them with some milk and said a bye to us both as she had to leave for work. Since her joining to this office , she had been busy a lot and was not caring much about me and Evan ....but I understand that she is doing everything for us only so I never complain.

 Maybe sometimes I do feel sad , even frustrated about the fact that she does not participate in my life or Evan's like other mothers do but it is just human nature . You just can not control what you feel about things at time . 

When I leave  home to go to school, Evan  always says to me, ' have a good day' and everyday I give him the same irritated  look that clearly says 'You know I'm going to have another shit day but yeah don't worry'. 

 Evan , my cousin brother , is not a toddler.  He is 13 and just two years younger than me but then also sometimes he acts so childish when he is around me that  I eventually thins that he still a little boy, crying and complaining to mum when I took his iron man figure away .

 My journey to school is not a short ride and even borderline boring  as there are not many students around my home who go to Cheshire Public  school .

Cheshire Public school is one of the biggest schools of Cheshire and is the beginning  institute to many golden minds of Cheshire who go on to work in corporate offices and earn a handful . It was built in 1956 on the North side of the city and has been growing big since .It has the best school level football team and the students also give a great challenge to the kids of the private schools in competitions . I feel proud being a part of this school but then I start feeling bad too cause I have never done anything to add any achievement  to it's  long list of them.

I usually ride alone on my blue cycle on the gravel  path leading to the school  . I  feel funny every time I stand  on the front gate seeing all the small children crying about how they don't wanna go inside cause I never cried.

I remember my first day of school .All other children who are my friends now were crying  and I was standing there gaping at the big building and saying that I love it .I  remember mum's shocked face when she heard this and how happy she was to know that I like this  school. 

 I enter the building and was soon met with Ish who is one of the most bubbly and laid back person that I have met , anybody can sit for hours and just admire how she is  .

 She catches my arm and takes me aside to talk  about her previous day and how she is in love again ( she falls in love 1833 times a day ). I don't like her choice much though, all her new crush or 'dents'as I say  are basically guys who just have a fake tan , curly mid length hair and wear vans ..... but then, who am I to judge? We both have the same taste in everything leaving boys, she likes a little bit of punk-ish guys and I, on the other hand , fall for the sweet , not so punk-ish kind  . 

She once even send me some links to a survey proving that girls like bad boys more and I did think about it for a while but then I started laughing madly as i realized that I am hopelessly in love with our school topper , Will Grayson .

Will Grayson  , he was my love . I said hopeless above because it is hopeless , totally hopeless . No matter what I do to get him out of my mind , he just stays there ....and will probably stay forever .

 When we both finished our talk , I went to my class and she went to her; We both are in different sections .*cries a puddle* . I did some more small talks with my  friends and with my house moderator about the cultural activities . The first class started shortly and ended just  like a matchstick on fire.

 I was actually waiting for the second period to start as it was my favorite ,English literature. I have been into reading and modern literature from the time I was eleven years old  . Our sir, Mr Charles is probably  the best English teacher . He always tells us things beside the topic  and  I admire that about him. He is kinda our Max Medina. 

Today he was telling us about some beliefs and stuff... how everyone is connected to each other in one way or another but honestly saying , I wasn't paying any attention to it as I'm not into this all stuff. You can say I don't have  believe in 'beliefs'?

 I know it is a lame thing to say but  it is true . My partner Jay was paying a  hell of attention to him today as she  totally loves the concept of soul mates  otherwise she is basically eating my head off in English period as she hates it . I was sure stuff like this didn't exist, that people do not  have some special sort of bonds with each other and stuff... I was into romance but not into soul mate kind of things.

For me the idea of having a soul mate was madness , for me this stuff didn't exist but I soon realized I was wrong .

Hey friends!! I hope you like this . This is my first story and I really am too nervous posting this but it is here now . I am trying my best to give the best details and words and i hope it all works out at last.

(note :- for all the old readers , who have read this chapter before feb 2019 , I have highly edited this chapter and changed many things but all the things are still the same , no roles or anything is changed . I have just given more details that i did not give before)

Love,
Monxxxx