Kiss me now and catch your Death

Chapter one

Have you ever fallen in love with someone you can never have? Or have you fallen in love with someone and made their life a living hell because you couldn't have them? I have. It was the most terrible feeling I ever felt, until I made it worse. I guess you can say I'm the bad guy here. I believe I am because what I did was selfish, and wrong, dead wrong. My name is Giselle, Giselle Beckett, and I'm a witch. Before you judge me, I'm not a bad witch. I was raised right, like a normal girl along with my sisters, you probably heard of them. We were normal girls, well we grew up like normal teens, and every day our mother, grandmother, and aunt would teach us how to use our powers everyday. You know like on Wizards of Waverley Place? Yeah, except it was more strict about keeping our powers hidden from world outside our home. Especially since grew up in Salem Massachusetts, home of the Salem witch trials. One of our ancestors were included in the witch trials. Elizabeth Parris. We learned a great deal about her. Grandmother Splendora never went a day without reminding us about her and her bewitching. I know what you're thinking, my grandmother is not in any way connected with Splendora Cromwell from Halloween town. That movie is in no way connected to our family. I know you probably want to know what is that I did. I got a little off topic there. Sorry, I tend to do that.

I was beginning life after I graduated from college. I was 23, the best and saddest time of my life. This is how it all began. We were still learning how to control our powers. You get your powers until the age of 8, but first you must be trained.

"Giselle!" I jumped up with such excitement and surprised as I looked mother in the eye.

"Yes?" I say feeling bit small.

"Would you kindly pay attention to today's Lesson? You and your sisters need to take this a bit more seriously. You three must gain full control of your powers. This is not a dream or made up story like Sabrina the teenage Witch!" she exclaimed. Maybe I'd pay more attention if the lessons weren't so boring. Ugh! Why won't she let me show her what I can do?

"Yes ma'am," I say rolling my eyes when she walks toward my sisters. When she turned around and looked at me, I sank down in my seat. "Sorry mother."

She nodded and continued with her lecture. I was glad when today's lesson was over. I almost killed over from boredom. Time to go and have fun with my powers. Before I could even get into my car, Grandmother Splendora stopped me. I turned and met her half way. When I began to speak she cut me off.

"Giselle, I heard your thoughts today," she spoke. I gulped and shifted uncomfortably.

"Grandmother, I can explain-" I begin, only to be cut off by her again.

"Listen to me, child," she says and gestures for me to join her on the porch swing. I sit down next to her and turn to face her. "Giselle, you are a very smart girl. Your powers are nothing to play with. I've seen you and your sisters' future. You may be the youngest, but your powers will be greater. Even the smallest and harmless spell casted by you can be very dangerous if you're not careful."

I couldn't believe my ears. Was I really destined to be the most powerful out of my sisters. "Grandmother, I know you told us to wait until our training is complete, but I promise you I can control my powers."

"Giselle listen to me. Don't go fooling around with your powers. You hear me? There is a reason why there are rules and laws of magic. With your power, things go wrong with even the smallest and harmless of spells. If you do, you can get yours powers taken away. You hear me?" she whisper-yelled.

I nodded my head. "Yes ma'am." I kissed her good-bye and got in my car.

On my way home I stopped at the store to get a few things to make my new house a little more homey. I love things that praise witchcraft, and have a artistic scheme. Something in particular caught my eye and it was not a piece of furniture. It was a very handsome man. He had short black hair, large biceps, and he was tall. While staring at him I dropped everything in my arms on the floor instead of the cart I was or should've been aiming for. "Shit," I mumbled stooping downing to pick up what I clumsily dropped.

"Need some help there Miss?" a masculine voice said. I looked up and saw the man I was just staring at. I nodded my head sheepishly grabbing a few things. He put the rest of what I had dropped in the cart and looked at me. He was staring intently in my brown eyes. I hope my eyes don't turn colors right now. I looked away from his gaze shyly and he snapped back to reality. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to stare, I just though you looked familiar."

Now that I look at him, he does look sort of familiar. Those emerald green eyes, plump heart shaped lips, and tanned skin. "Adam?" I ask. He looks at me and smiles. I guess he remembers me now.

"Giselle right," he said. His question in the form of a statement. I can't believe this is my ex best friend from middle school.

"Why, if it isn't Adam Lakes," I say remembering what he did to me in middle school. He nods and stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"Giselle Beckett, still living in Salem, Massachusetts. Wow who would've thought we'd ever meet again," he smiles. I want to turn away but is too hard. He is very much attractive now than the last time I saw him. I missed him, but then part of me didn't because I still hate him. "Look I'm sorry about what I did in middle school before I moved. It was wrong. I wanted to call you, but I was too scared to."

The smile on his face brightens a bit more. He pulls me into a comforting tight hug and murmurs a yes. I awkwardly hug him back. We exchange numbers and say good bye to each other before going our separate ways.