To Whom It May Aggravate, Gimme Some Chocolate Cake!

There are things I fear

There are things I fear. You've heard quite a few. A few that you could agree with, and a few that makes you question my mental age.

I fear the dark. I fear storms. And I fear insects with wings.

Specifically, the butter-

...The butter-

The butter... fly.

I have a good reason to. After all, one must experience certain events that involve such fears to truly understand why they do.

I don't wish to recall the memory. But there is something that I can never forget concerning butter... (*ahem*) the certain insect.

It was a hot Summer day, with not a single cloud to offer any bit of shade. Tashina, Tomoe, and I were sitting beneath our tree, shaded from the unforgivable sun. As one who isn't very good with sun or heat, I was busy melting beneath my sun hat, wondering how I gave in to the twins' pleas to take in the fresh air. At least the ice cream helped cool me up a bit.

"School starts in a week," Tashina stated out of the blue after grabbing another ice cream from the ice box. "For a pair of students who always get top grades, you have a bad habit of doing everything last minute."

I rolled my eyes and leaned further against the trunk of the tree, not ready to sarcastically reply when I was in the middle of finishing my ice cream before it melts on my fingers.

Tomoe, however, hummed, "Tomorrow's business can wait. Appreciate today's sunshine while it's still here."

His words triggered me.

If it were any other day, I would've completely agreed. However, him simply stating as though the sun meant nothing to him, made my eyebrows flinch.

"My dear friend," I muttered in annoyance and glared, "this isn't sunshine but actual hellfire. You could practically bake bread with such heat."

"You're just thinking too much about it, Ami. Distract your mind for a bit, won't you?"

Today is really nothing but a sunny day to him. A day where heat and burning sun rays don't affect him in the slightest.

"Excuse me for being realistic. My mind is fried to imagine something... imaginative," I huffed.

It was his time to roll his eyes until his gaze landed on something that made him gasp in delight. "Look, a butterfly-"

"Oh, no. Where?!"

Tashina snickered over my reaction, yet Tomoe decided to ignore. "Which reminds me... have you ever heard of the butterfly effect?"

"I'm sorry. I'm too busy worrying about the insect than starting a conversation about them with you."

Tashina continued to laugh to herself, so much to a point that the shaking of her hand caused her ice cream to plop down on the grass. "My ice cream!" she cried.