First Day at Ouran Academy!

I have been told by Maman countless times how much of a wild child I was (still am)

I have been told by Maman countless times how much of a wild child I was (still am). Always breaking the rules. Always creating a mess. Always being a mess (snort. You don't say?). But there was one thing Maman was grateful for when it comes to me. And that was having good morals.

The only reason I have them was because as children, we don't listen in on the lessons from our parents. Instead, we mimick their behavior.

I always admired Maman's gentle atmosphere and the way she treated the house workers. Which is why I did so as well. I tried to be as kind as I possibly could, and thankful for whatever I received without asking for anything more. Therefore, I perfected the nature of being humble.

Sure, it may not be something to be proud of, but there are moments where I come to realize that maybe it's not so bad. Maybe I should teach others how to be modest. Maybe I should teach others that there is a certain limit, that when crossed over, that's just being either a showoff or overpowering.

And the first person I must teach is my very own father.

Why, you may ask?

Well, it all started since the day René and I were born, but let's not go to that time. I'll just use now as an example.

My lips parted in surprise as I stared up at the building with wide eyes. I've probably been standing in this position for the past few minutes, but I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact of what my eyes gazed at. Sure, the school was awfully huge, but that isn't what shocked me.

"Why is this school pink?" I quietly muttered to myself while trying to blink back the confusion.

Seriously, Dad? Of all colors, you chose pink? Not only that... but this is a bit too over the top! I don't want to attend such a school that looks more like a monument barfed by Cupids. Isn't there something more, oh, I don't know, normal perhaps?

"Miss Nanami," Kaede murmured from next to me. "Shouldn't you be wearing the assigned uniform?"

Kaede is my new butler, also the one who drove me here. And now, he has also accepted the responsibility of making sure I'd finish my food... specifically tomatoes.

I glanced at him, adjusting the hood over my head after wincing when seeing what the females wore here. "You mean, dress up like popcorn? No thanks."

Of course, wearing a hoodie wasn't such a great idea either. An elite school filled with students of rich families? Dad would be horrified to see me dressed this way. But this hoodie is a one-time thing, as I first wish to study the students and the school, and then carefully choose who I should be friends with. Not for merit and special treatment, but for the joy of having someone who is honest and would accept me as a friend instead of as an ally of the Suoh family.

...Did you actually believe that?

Such a thought could only make me laugh.

Make friends? Pfft.