The Moon, the Storm, and Nanami's Dying Patience!

It was a dreamless sleep

It was a dreamless sleep. The kind where it only felt like a second ago did my eyes close to wake up again. The only thing I can remember from the nap was a dim light to keep me company.

Although my eyes were open, I couldn't completely register the fact that I was awake. Or alive, for that matter. Not until I blinked a few more times for my gaze to settle on the ceiling above me. The room was slightly dim due to a lamp that stood in the corner.

Today was rather eventful, but the first thing that came to mind was...

The cold embrace of the ocean along with the darkness I sank into made me shudder, hoping to not go through such a terrifying experience again.

Turning over in my bed, I hugged my knees to my chest, shaking when the feeling rushed onto me all over again, a memory I have to live with now through the rest of my life. Tears trailed from my eyes as my body shook, the darkness of the sea reminding me of the other things I've experienced in my life that led to nothing but pain and loss.

A soft snore next to my bed indicated that I wasn't alone before I quickly wiped my face to see who it was.

"René?" I whispered, seeing him asleep on a chair next to my bed.

He was changed and dry now, yet most definitely tired after the stress he probably dealt with during the period between my disappearance and when I was laying on the beach without any sign of breathing.

Sitting up with a sigh, I glanced down at myself, now noticing that I was dry and changed into a different dress.

Now that I remember, I did change after arriving in my room, yet I was too exhausted to think much, and immediately threw myself on the bed without drying my hair. But I did make a good decision on what I should wear, that being a lavender vintage-styled summer dress. The dress was of two layers, the outer layer being chiffon, with no sleeves but straps.

Brushing my fingers through my dry hair, I pulled myself out of bed and went for where my brush was sitting on the vanity's shelf. Internally groaning when feeling tangles stop from allowing me to peacefully brush my hair, I started to put in a bit more force, not noticing René stir from his sleep until he snored himself awake.

Watching him amusedly as he blinked with a dazed expression, his eyes drifted across the empty bed before him, causing him to fully wake up and jump to his feet. "Léa-" he started, only to halt when turning around to see me brushing my hair.

Silence was all that took over next where I uncomfortably continued to brush my hair, while he gazed at me with his lips apart.

"Thanks for the hair dry," I blurted, keeping myself calm as I politely smiled. "Makes the brushing a little easier."

He glared in response before taking a few steps forward to embrace me. If it weren't for my arms dividing the two of us a bit, I would've returned the gesture. "Don't scare me like that ever again," he murmured and pulled away. Holding my face in his hands, his glare still remained, yet a tear now trickled from his eye. "Don't go where I can't follow."