The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly- Oh, That's Just Kyoya

When I was little, neither too young nor too old, the child stuck deep in her own world full of imagination (it came to a point once, that when I woke up to reality, I found my brother sobbing while calling for our mama

When I was little, neither too young nor too old, the child stuck deep in her own world full of imagination (it came to a point once, that when I woke up to reality, I found my brother sobbing while calling for our mama. The fool thought I turned into some sort of statue since I was sitting still for so long), the adorable lady of the mansion continuing to touch hearts of anyone surrounding her since birth, and the courageous girl to venture out to the backyard alone every afternoon, I always had a deep yearning for some excitement at least once a day.

Sometimes I excite myself by pranking- erm... I mean, playing with my brother (the little fool falls for traps so easily), to baking pastries from cookbooks found in the library, to exploring the hidden wonders of the mansion.

On one particular cloudy day, the weather quite cool and pleasant, I decided to take the opportunity to venture beyond the back garden—which was more like a huge endless campus of gardens and fountains—during early noon while the maids had set up a little picnic for me and me alone. Maman was bedridden due to a fever, whereas René stayed by her side to keep her company (in actuality, playing the piano for her and not allowing her to rest).

The idea of going on an adventure through an area where I haven't been before urged me to make a run for it, but the maids would chase me then...

I grinned as I found the solution, and picked it up after hesitating a bit. It wasn't everyday I'd find something disgusting to use as a way to scare off the maids, but at the moment, I didn't have many... or any options whatsoever.

Skipping to the maids standing nearby while talking amongst themselves about how fine a butler looked (especially his backside... blagh), I smiled up at them to grasp their attention.

'Look... at... me!' I hissed in my mind while scurrying back and forth in front of them.

Noticing my presence, the two maids beamed down at me expectantly.

"Is there anything you need, young mistress?" one maid kindly said.

"We'll get it for you right away," the other maid added.

I froze, baffled by their excessive kindness and forgot about my solution until I dropped it in front of them.

"Ribbit," the frog croaked after landing on one maid's shoe, causing pure guilt to pang in my chest as she screamed in terror.

"I'm sorry!" I squeaked and backed away as the other maid tried to calm her, yet wasn't able to do so due to the frog glancing up at her. "I'm so sorry!" I cried and ran away from the scene, not knowing how to fix the situation but stay away from it.

Gosh... I feel so rude after being like that to them.

But! I reached my moment of freedom! I shan't waste it by binding myself to the past, and must move forward to where a future of adventure and wonder awaits!