Insert Random Life Lesson

During my years as a child on the verge of becoming a pre-teen, my mama taught me many things

During my years as a child on the verge of becoming a pre-teen, my mama taught me many things. Not how to be a lady of the house or a lady with class. But how to be a good lady... or person in general.

At one point, she taught me something that I always think of whenever I meet someone who is either with, or against me.

"Now listen, Léa," she said as she placed a plate of freshly cut watermelons on the picnic table set up in our back garden. "The way you view reality is very different compared to how I see it. The same goes for everyone else you'll ever come across."

I nodded while picking up a slice of watermelon before digging in, the sweet taste sinking in my tongue with each bite I take.

"Any new position from which you view your reality will change your perception of its nature," Maman explained intelligently, causing my mind to stop functioning. "It's all simply a matter of perspective. Do you understand, Sunflower?"

I blinked, gazing at her blankly while a drop of the watermelon's juice ran down my chin. "Maman, I may be smart, but I still need small words to explain something so... big."

Perspective. That's what she taught me. Not exactly the best way to a child, but if she were to tell me this now, it'd make a whole lot more sense that I'd find easily understandable.

She taught me many things involving perspective, such as other people's points of view, as well as the distance I'd see something from...

Perspective.

And right now, all I can view in my line of sight, as far as my eyes could see in Music Room #3, is the thousand scattered mannequins dressed in swimsuits.

"This is so dumb," I muttered, scribbling down notes in my book while reading through texts I highlighted. "You could literally do this half-naked fashion show someplace else. These plastic models are seriously invading my personal space."

Indeed they were. The mannequins were posing like models, their elbows or knees sticking out to a point where I'd end up having a mannequin's hand ruin my hair from its messy bun I so carefully tied up.

"They're plastic, Sis," Hikaru explained, not seeming to care at all.

"Therefore, personal space doesn't matter unless it breathes," Kaoru finished with a shrug.

My eyebrows twitched, completely annoyed by their stupid excuses, and picked up a marker with a raised eyebrow, knowing exactly how to get back at them. "I guess you're right," I sighed and inched the marker closer to the nearest mannequin, aiming for its bikini. "And since they don't breathe, they don't care if I ruin their swimsuits, now would they?"

What followed after was loud shrieking, weeping, and hissing. In the end, I always get what I want.

...Most of the time. But I got what I wanted now.