Chapter 12

Here's the update! I know you have all been waiting so patiently, thanks for that. The updates are slow, and I'm trying to work on that. This chapter is a little shorter. Sorry!

Also, go check out my friend ladyRoman and her works!!

Comment. Vote. Be creative.

Love, El

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Today we are definitely site seeing." Emma said, as we were getting ready for the day.

"Yeah, I've had plenty of sleep for the past day." Emma and I have been sleeping ever since we got to her parent's house in London. The flight here was too loud to even think.

"Have you ever been to London?" She asked grabbing her purse.

"Yeah, but I was twelve or thirteen and I don't really remember much."

"Well I can show you everything that I can, but you have to keep in mind that I don't have any fancy connections." I laughed and she walked out of her room.

"I don't need any fancy connections to have fun with my best friend in London."

"You said best friend." She gasped like she hasn't heard me say it before.

I rolled my eyes and walked past her, out of the front door.

"You have been hanging out with Kyle a lot."

When she avoided eye contact with me I stopped her in the middle of the side walk.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" She nervously laughed.

"No, why would there be?"

"Emma?" I asked.

"So do you know what kind of names Julia is thinking of for the baby?" She asked walking on.

I let the topic go.

"No," I caught up with her. "She hasn't really talked about it."

"You don't know anything? Her favorite names? What letter of the alphabet is her favorite?"

"Not really, Em."

"Why?"

"I've only known her for a few months. And most of them were spent in a hospital room. So, no."

"That makes sense now."

"Oh, really? It makes sense now?" We laughed together.

Since Emma didn't have her license yet, we walked into town. I actually preferred walking over taking a cab. I got to look around and enjoy the scene. The cute little houses and the little kids running around yelling at each other in their cute accent.

"Here we are." Emma smiled to me. I looked away from her and to the city. "London."

It was beautiful. I remember being this amazed when I first came. Though, this time was better. I'm older and I can understand the beauty of the city.

It was so weird to see the cars travel in opposite directions. Honestly, I would probably die if I got into the driver's seat of a car here. I would want to go into the lane I'm used to, when clearly that's wrong.

"Come on. Lets go on the London Eye." Emma said grabbing my wrist and pulling me along.

Getting to go on a ride in the London Eye is awesome. When you get to top it's the best. You can see everything. The other people on there with us probably thought I was mentally ill. I ran around to each side, taking in the view from all angles. I bet it was pretty at night. Everything all lit up.

I love city lights. I don't know what it is, but they're beautiful. Especially in a city that is a big tourist attraction. I'll have to ask Em if we can come out to the city when everything is lit up.

"So what do you want to talk about, my favorite American?" Emma asked as I calmed down.

"Nothing about me. I feel like that's all we ever talk about. 'How are you Callie?' 'Is everything alright?' 'Any more attacks?' That's all I ever hear anymore."

"You're tired of being asked about how you are?"

"A little."

"I'll keep that in mind now." She looked back to the city. "I'll just start talking about myself from now on. I won't ask about how you are or anything. It's about damn time that we start talking about me in this friendship." I laughed. "It's always about Callie. Now it's about Emma!"

"You're so weird."

"London is so beautiful!"

"I'm going to punch you if you say that again."

"Sorry." I laughed. One of the waiters of the restaurant told us to follow him. After a couple hours of site seeing we finally decided to get food. I couldn't wait to eat. I'm starving.

"Dylan is calling." Emma said looking to my phone. I followed her eyes and picked up my phone.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hey, gorgeous. How are you?"

"I'm fine. It's so beautiful here. I mean I came here when I was younger, but now that I'm older I see it differently." Dylan laughed.

It's been two days and I already miss him.

"I'm glad your having fun."

"How are you?" I asked playing with my straw in my cup.

"Fine. Missing you, but I'm fine." I smiled and looked out the restaurant window.

"Five more days."

"I know, believe me."

"How is everything over there?" Dylan inhaled a deep breath.

"Mav is chewing up everything in sight. Kyle and Julia won't quit arguing over what they are going to watch on TV. And Scott is trying to look for an apartment."

"How is Julia?"

"Callie, I know you care and are just curious, but stop. It's just going to ruin your fun if you're worrying about things over here."

He's totally right, but just asking how they are isn't so bad.

"I know."

"Are you two ladies ready to order?" The waiter asked.

"Yeah." Emma began. "She would like the number two and I would like the number five."

"I'll let you go if you're eating." Dylan said being me back to him.

"Oh, no. We aren't eating yet. Just ordering right now." I looked to Emma and she was on her phone. "How is work?"

"It's going good. I have today off, but other than that its good."

"I can't wait until next season." He laughed again.

I closed my eyes, imagining the way he looks when he laughs.

"I know. I already told Jeff."

"I'm his biggest fan."

"He knows."

"He better."

"Okay, I have to go Dyl." I finally said, then he sighed. "I know."

"I love you, beautiful."

"I love you, too."

"I'll talk to you later."

"Yeah. I love you." He chuckled.

"I love you, more, beautiful." I smiled and hung up.

"Some how I still manage to be the third wheel even when he's across the country." Emma said picking up her burger.

"Shocking." She rolled her eyes, causing me to laugh at her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QOTW: What do you hope to see happen later on in the book? :D