Chapter 40

How is everyone doing? Hopefully well and ready for summer because I know I am!

But enjoy the chapter. :)

Love,

El

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~ Scott's POV ~~~~

"I need to speak with my father." I told the lady at the front desk.

"And that is?" She asked rudely. I glared at her.

She's seen me many times before and now she's asking? What the hell.

"James Brooks." She laughed.

Does she think I'm kidding? And why doesn't she believe me. Like I said- never mind.

Feeling annoyed and angry, I walked passed the desk and towards the set he was at. The lady was yelling at me as I advanced closer to him.

A security guard came out from no where, standing in front of me.

This was ridiculous.

"James. Tell him I'm your son."

"Let him go." My father said. The man stepped away but never let his eyes leave mine.

What is wrong with these people?

"Why are you avoiding Callie?" I asked my father. He stopped talking to one of his assistants and looked to me.

"Give us five." I stared him down as he moved around the set.

"I'm not avoiding her." He stated fixing some props. I clenched my fists.

"You don't answer when she calls you. When she tried to visit, you had one of the maids lie to her and say you weren't there. Oh and lets not forget that you sent Zac and Lauren a congratulations on the pregnancy gift. Shall I go on?" He didn't say anything. "It's breaking her heart." He stopped doing whatever he was doing.

"What?"

"You heard me." Dad looked over to me finally. "You haven't said a word to her in weeks. She's still your daughter." He looked over to the right. "Why are you doing this to her?"

It's killing me to see her like this. Her being pregnant is a big deal and she should be annoyingly excited.

"I'm not to pleased with her and Dylan's actions."

Now I'm confused.

"What do you mean? You're not happy that they are having a child before marriage? Because if I recall correctly Wesley and Clara are expecting and that was before they were married. Lauren and Zac are expecting and they aren't married yet. Oh and let's not forget that I have a son and I'm not married nor am I with the mother of my son. In neither of those three situations have you avoided the three of us." I paused for a couple seconds. "So why just Callie?"

When he didn't answer I shook my head. What is wrong with this man? He and Callie have always been very close. Why is he now acting as if she isn't a part of our family?

"You're unbelievable, dad." He flinched when I put emphasis on dad. "Don't say a word to me until you say a word to Callie." I walked off the set.

"You talked to him?" Kyle asked.

Jonas laughed as Lauren played peek a boo with him.