Chapter 34

Today was the day of my first actual prenatal appointment and me and Jayson scheduled it around his busy schedule. He promised to be at every appointment no matter where he was or how long he had to fly out. I thought he was sweet and I knew these were moments that he didn't want to miss.

From my calculations I was a month and a half pregnant and it was still surreal. I've been taking it easy, taking my vitamins and eating right but it was hard. I thought for the next few months I wouldn't be able to paint but after talking to my doctor she gave me the green light as long as I was using oil bases paints and no solvents.

I found myself touching my stomach more often than most and gazing at my stomach through the mirror. I could definitely see a difference in my stomach and my weight but nothing to drastic, at least not yet. Jayson's agent suggested that to break the news to the media we take pictures and release the news ourselves so the press wouldn't have a field day speculating and I wouldn't be stressed out.

"You ready for this," Jayson asked me. Today we would be taking home sonogram pictures and hearing our babies heartbeat and from what I told it was intense and brought a lot of people to tears.

"Congratulations mommy and daddy," the doctor came into the room after the nurse checked out all of my vitals.

I smiled at the fact that soon someone would be calling me mommy for real. I glanced at Jayson and smiled at him to. Who would of imagined...

After the doctor instructed me to lay down I did and she did what they did in movies, rubbing my belly with cold jelly before cutting down the lights.

"Are you guys ready," she asked us.

"I am," I nodded and soon after I heard what I assumed was our babies heartbeat.

"It's beating fast...is that normal," Jayson asked her and I looked at her as well and she was looking at the monitor.

"It's normal because what your hearing is two heartbeats."

"Two?"

"Congratulations. It looks like you guys are having twins."

If I already wasn't laying down I would of probably passed out.

"Two," Jayson smiled.

"Yes your having what appears to be two healthy little ones," the doctor confirmed.

"Two," I didn't ask as a question because I just got used to the fact that I was carrying one and now I was carrying two???

"Are you taking your vitamins, prenatal and folic acid," the doctor asked me.

"I am," I nodded still trying to wrap my head around me having two babies inside of me.

"So that's why she looks so big," Jayson said after a while and I frowned at him, "What?"

"Big, you think I look big?"

"I mean you look like your about three months already."

"It's perfectly normal. Woman carrying twins carry bigger but also have to take more precaution so I need you to relax and don't overexert yourself."

"She wont," Jayson assured the doctor.

"You two get dressed and I'll leave everything out at the front desk for you two to pick up when you check out and don't forget to schedule your next appointment."

"Thank you," Jayson called after her while I sat up slowly.

"Twins," he smiled at me like he just hit the lottery.