Chapter 9

If I wasn't stunned speechless by how beautiful the dress I was wearing was then I would of gave Alicia an earful about keeping me in the dark this whole time. The black Versace dress I had expected to sport to the grand opening wasn't in the bag. In it's place was the most gorgeous dress I had ever laid eyes on.

Alicia urged me to try it on and I did. With her being my best friend she knew the perfect size to get me and there was no alterations needed. The dress fit perfectly and the moment I saw myself in it I fell in love. Never would I have imagined I could pull off wearing a dress like this but I had to admit, I looked amazing.

I asked Alicia how much was the dress but she conveniently lost the receipt and when I went online to check my bank statements I didn't see a trace of the dress either. Either she pulled some kind of magic spell or she didn't use my card to buy the dress. The dress was by Berta and when I finally tracked down my dress I was astonished at the price.

I brushed it to the side over the past two weeks but tonight was the night and if I thought I looked good when I tried it on the first time then tonight I looked even better. The only jewelry I had on were the diamond studs in my ears and the gold bracelet on my wrist. My makeup was done to perfection and to be honest I haven't felt this pretty in a long time. The last time I put so much effort into my look was senior prom and that was years ago.

Alicia looked amazing as well and Franklin looked so dapper in his suit. We were all dressed to impress and ready to go but we were just waiting on one person. Greg would pick tonight of all nights to be late but that was him. I honestly didn't even want him coming be he kind of invited himself one the pictures of me and Jayson at dinner two weeks ago with Alicia and Bishop hit the web. I remember how ticked off he was about them...

I hadn't even made it out of my first class of the day and Greg was calling my phone back to back. He left me several text messages saying nothing much, just letting me know to call him first thing when I got out of class. Me thinking it was something important did just as he asked but before I could even say hello he started in on me.

"So were lying to each other now?"

"What? What are you-"

"Why were you out with Jayson Kendricks?"

"I was-"

"Does he know that your engaged. Do you know your engaged?"

"Of course I do."

"Then why are you going out on dates with other men?"

"It wasn't a date. Bishop and Alicia were there also."

"Who's Bishop? What happened to Alicia and Franklin?"

"Nothing happened to them."

"So the the two of you were out with other guys? That's classic."

"If you let me get a word in then maybe I can explain it to you."

I heard him huff before he continued, "Go on, explain."

"Like you already know Jayson and his friend Bishop hired me for a job, both of them are my clients. There having a grand opening so me and Alicia went to the mall to find dresses and that's when we ran into the two of them."

"How did you go to running into him at the mall to eating dinner with him?"

"They invited me and Alicia out to dinner with them, as a thank you on my part. It's no big deal."

He scoffed, "No big deal? Wasn't the check he gave you a big enough thank you enough?"

I rolled my eyes to the sky, "It was innocent."