Chapter 6

A whole month had passed and new year was upon us and in a few months I would be done with school for good. The bar was coming along nicely, the construction crew had did all of the renovations that we discussed and even put up the new light fixtures and installed the new plumbing. The place looked amazing inside, brand new and now all I was waiting on was the furniture to get here.

Greg was busy with work and we haven't spent any real time together and it was sad to say but I was getting used to not seeing him. We were both just always busy, when I would call he wouldn't answer and when he did call I was the one that was busy. We sent each other texts off, usually good morning and goodnight texts and that would just have to do to hold us over.

I had plenty spare time and in that time I had been painting a lot and one piece I painted would look amazing in the bar in my opinion and I had the perfect place to hang it. Bishop nor Jayson signed off on it so I was going to surprise them both by hanging it up myself, that way when they walked in they would see it. I just hoped that they both liked it.

I was heading to the bar after school today to hang it up and was headed across campus to my car when someone called my name. Many people knew who I was but I didn't have many friends, maybe that was my fault because I was a bit anti-social.

When I turned around and saw Nick, one of Greg's friends I stopped walking and wondered what he was doing on campus since he graduated the year before.

"I thought that was you," Nick said once he caught up to me, "How are you?"

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm doing good. I was just dropping someone off," he told me and I'm sure he didn't go into further detail because the someone was a female. Out of all of Greg's friends he was the main one you had to look out for, he came off as charming but he was nothing but a sleaze.

"I see your feeling better though, I'm glad."

"Feeling better?"

"Yeah, Greg told us that you had the flu. That's why you didn't come out and celebrate Ralph's birthday last weekend."

Once I realized what he said I was stunned speechless. I wasn't sick, far from sick and I never had the flu in my life. It was obvious that Greg lied on my behalf and I couldn't help but wonder why. Did he not want me around his friends? When I spoke to him briefly last weekend he never even mentioned a party. He claimed that he was staying in to catch up on some work.

"Umm yes. I was sick," I went along with Greg's lie, "Greg told me that everyone had a great time."

"We did. We went out to dinner first, the guys and all their girls. Ralph brought his girlfriend and I brought one of my girls. Then after we had a party at Ralph's house, it was great, you would have had a great time."

"I'm sure I would have. It was nice running into Nick but I have somewhere I need to be."

"Okay well I won't hold you up. It was nice running into you."

I speed walked to my car and once I was in wasted no time dialing Greg's number. Of course he didn't answer but I'm sure once he saw my two back to back missed calls that he would call me back, eventually.

I took a minute to calm myself down, I hated getting worked up. Once I was calm I started the car and set off for my destination. Once I got to the bar I realized that I was the only one here so I let myself in and went back to my car and grabbed the painting. I brought along everything I needed to hang it with so I grabbed a ladder that was on the other side of the room and did my best to drag it over to where I needed it, being careful not to mess up anything.