Part 1: You Deserve to be Happy

Brandon stares agonily onto the long and drawing road ahead. The sun has begun to set, leaving a residue of a pink and lilac sky. The traffic has begun to cease, leaving only a few cars on the San Diego Freeway. Brandon reaches to turn the dial on the radio, as I reach up and take his hand into mine. Interwining our fingers together, Brandon turns to me and smiles ever so slightly. I can clearly see the doubts Brandon has regarding the news I told him nearly three hours ago. As the sun falls to the west, I begin to close my eyes to the soft music of my song. As I fall into a deep sleep, I dream of us, of what we will become, of our babies growing up, the small house we'll barely be able to afford, and damn that white picket fence Brandon will have to fix a dozen times. I'm awaken by the soft kiss of Brandon's lip brush against mine. He laughs, as he kisses my forehead and pulls back. I take his hand, pulling him closer to me. I pull him into the kiss, only deepening the kiss as I feel Brandon begin to take the hem of my oversized flannel and tug it up. I softly laugh as I reach for the steering wheel to pull us over to the side of the road. 

I fall asleep in his arms, waking up to him gently brush the hair covering my face, " You're so beautiful."

I playfully shove him away, " Stop it, lying is not good, B."

" No, I swear I've never seen someone has beautiful as you, you know I was thinking about what you said before, and I've never been happier in my life about it, about her." He smirks, " She'll be beautiful, just like her mom."