Chapter 19: Contracts Are Bяσкєи

"I told myself don't get attached, but in my mind I play it back. Spinning faster than the plane that took you..."

-Taylor-

"There's something you should know," he says ashe leads me to his car. I get in on the passenger side and he gets in on the driver's side. I buckle myself in and he starts the car.

"Louis, he, well, he met with a guy from our management," Niall starts as he backs out of the parking space. I nod and wait for him to continue. "And Mr. Magee, the guy he met with, wanted Louis to pretend to date you, so that One Direction could get more publicity. At first, Louis didn't want to agree, because you were one of his best friends, but Magee pressed on and Louis agreed," Niall says and my face falls. A contract. I was a publicity stunt again, but this time I didn't know about it.

I fell too hard, too fast.

I focus on my breathing and force myself to look at Niall. "Are you sure?" I ask Niall cautiously. He nods with a sad face and I choke on my own breaths.

He pulls into his driveway, but I barely notice as he opens my door. I sit in shock, staring in front of me. He stands at my door, but I can't make myself move.

That's all I was to him. I was a publicity stunt.

Niall probably figured I couldn't move, because he reaches over me and unbuckles my seat belt before slipping his arms underneath my legs and lifting me up. He carries me to his apartment and I rest my head on his chest.

I feel the tears falling down my face and I let them fall and ruin Niall's shirt. Niall unlocks his door and opens it, walking us in and shutting it back up. He gently rests me down on the couch and sits next to me.

"Tay, I know that you think he only thought of you as a publicity stunt-" Niall says and I hold back my laughter. What else am I supposed to think? He obviously did just think of me as that. "-but I've seen the way he looks at you. I've heard the way he talks about you to other people," I don't think he realizes it, but he likes you just as much as you like him. He just doesn't want to believe he can be in a relationship after Eleanor," Niall says and I roll my eyes. "Sure he does. Your only saying this to make me feel better," I say and Niall sighs.

"Tay, I promise I'm not lying to you. He really does care about you a lot," Niall tries to protest against me. I just shake my head. "Niall, if he cared about me that much, then why did he break up with me? If he actually did care about me, then he would've stayed with me no matter what management says," I explain to Niall.

He shakes his head. "I told you, he doesn't want to believe he likes you. He is so torn after Eleanor that he can't make himself be in another relationship. You two need to just spend more time together. You need to not give up on him," Niall tries to reason with me.

"Ni, I'm sorry, but if he can't figure out if he likes me or not, I can't be in a one-person relationship. The feeling has to mutual. Louis and I just weren't meant to be," I say.

He frowns. "I don't agree with you, but if that's what you think I will support your decision," he says.

"Your welcome to stay here as long as you need to," Niall says and I nod, thanking him before standing up to follow Niall to the guest bedroom he has.

I immediately fall onto the bed, not bothering to change out of my clothes, since I have no extras. I left all my clothes and suitcase at Louis' apartment. They can stay there, because I'm sure as hell not going anywhere near him anytime soon.

-

"Niall, I hate to bother you, but do you have clothes I could borrow?" I ask him. He nods, before disappearing into his room. I take another bite of my toast and look around Niall's kitchen.