Chapter 5: Bad I∂єα?

I apologize for the clicheness of this chapter, I really do. So, don't kill me...please

-Taylor-

It was Saturday, at noon.

Louis is supposed to be meeting me at the park I'm currently waiting in. Somehow, he got away from his management and got to fly out to hang with me. Apparently, he is coming, then after, he is flying to go spend the rest of the day and the night with his girlfriend, Eleanor.

I spot a familiar brown-haired boy and smiled, waving him over towards me. He sees me and starts walking towards me.

"Hey Tay!" He says, once he reaches me. "Hi Lou." I respond. He smiles and gestures to the basket I'm holding. "Picnic time?" He asks. "You bet." I say, leading us over to a clear spot underneath a tree. I pull out the blanket from the basket and throw it at Louis.

"Help me put the blanket down, will you?" I told him. He laughs and puts the blanket down. "Your majesty," he said, gesturing towards the blanket in a majestic way. I laugh and set down the basket.

I sit down, criss-cross, on the blanket and open the basket. I pull out two sandwiches and some fruit. I give one of the sandwiches to Louis, but keep the fruit in the middle of us.

"So, how's....life?" I try and start out the conversation. Louis raises his eyebrows. "You suck at starting conversations, you know that?" He said, teasingly. "Yeah, I know. That's why I can't keep a boyfriend." I say, laughing. I see Louis laugh, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes. "Doesn't it ever, like, you know, bother you at all?" He asks. I give him a questioning look. "What bothers me?" I asked, confused. "You know, the whole thing on how you can't ever keep a boyfriend and that the world sees you as someone who can't find love?" He asks, his tone serious.

I shrug, but really that question hits me. I think about it for a moment before opening my mouth to answer. "Yeah, it does bother me that I'm exactly like every other girl in the world, but I get picked on because I'm well known for it. I mean, think about it, how many boyfriends does the average girl go through, before she gets married? A lot, right? So, yes, in a way it does bother me, but I'm not going to let it effect the way I write my music. My music is something that won't change, just because some big meanies in the world want to put on a big show of me being someone who dates a lot of guys, and then insults them in front of millions. I mean, if they don't want to be humiliated in front of millions of people, don't break my heart." I say, and Louis laughs a little at the last part.

Wow, I didn't even realize I had been keeping that inside of me, until I told Louis. I've never shared that with anyone, not even Harry. I guess it's just that I have this feeling that I can trust Louis. I don't know why, but I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest.

"Your right. You know Tay, your a lot stronger than people give you credit for." He says. I smiled and feel something prickling in the corner of my eyes. "Gosh Louis, your making me cry!" I say, teasing him. He opens his arms out. "C'mere." He says, and I lean forward as his arms envelope me into a hug. I wrap my arms around him to hug him back. We hold each other in that position longer than meant to, and finally we pull away.

My cheeks turn pink and I turn away. I see out of the corner of my eye, Louis putting his head down and his face is a little pink also. I muster up the courage to turn back around and he looks up, the color fading in both of our cheeks.

"So, how's you and Eleanor?" I ask him, it was out of politeness, but I can't help but feel a small pang in my stomach when I ask it. "Oh we're-" Louis clears his throat, "-we're good, I guess." He says, turning away from me. I frown. He didn't say that with much confidence. "Lou, are you sure?" I ask him.