Chapter 2: New уєαяѕ and the VMA's

Still a few months before the prologue, but after Haylor is born

-Taylor-

We went on a date and it was extremely awkward. We both were laughing and pretending to be dating, because that's what the tabloids would assume. That's what our management planned. We actually enjoyed ourselves and just acted like friends. That was until he got a text from his management to hold my hand.

It was awkward, but Harry and I made it look real, I think.

Now we had to go to the New Year's thingy together. According to Mr. Magee and my management, we have to kiss. On the lips. When the ball drops. I'm really worried that it's going to be too awkward for both of us to handle and we're just going to mess it up. I know that I'm freaking out and I know Harry is freaking out.

Right now we are two minutes away from the ball dropping. Two minutes away from mine and Harry's fake kiss. Everyone is going to go insane.

Haylor. That's what we're called. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. People think it's all real. Harry and I know different. I've been getting hate from Directioners, and it's not like the hate I got from before. It's loads of messages, tweets, blogs, anything people have access to of my social media systems. I try to be strong, I really do, but it's hard.

Harry know what I'm going through. He's getting buckets of hate from my Swifties. Everyone seems to hate the relationship, including Harry and I. The only people, I think, that actually like the relationship are both of Harry and I's management.

30 seconds until the ball drops.

20 seconds.

Harry and I looked at each other nervously. He was holding my hand and he squeezed it softly, assuring me I was okay. I gave him a small smile.

10.

Harry and I turned to each other.

9.

Harry leaned forward and whispered so just we could hear.

8.

"I'm right here." Harry whispered.

7.

"We have to make this look real." I whispered back.

6.

He nodded to me.

5.

We were still holding hands and he squeezed mine again.

4.

We released hands and he set one of his hands on my waist and the other behind my head.

3.

I wrapped my arms around his neck.

2.

Harry and I leaned forward a little bit. "Real." He whispered softly.

1.

The ball hit and Harry and I crashed lips.

I closed my eyes for show. I could hear people screaming and I tried not to puke. He pulled me closer, our lips still connected. After a minute we released and I sighed. I rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped both his arms around my waist and kept me close to him.

"That was absolutely terrible." Harry muttered, nestling his head in my hair. I stifled a laugh. "Am I really that bad, Hunnykins?" I said sarcastically. "Oh Sweetcheeks, you know I didn't mean it that way." He said, his eyes gleaming.

I smiled at him and we stayed in that position for a bit. Harry rubbed my back soothingly. We had honestly become best friends throughout this and I doubt we will stop being friends after we "break up".

-

Back in present time

-

After management told us we needed to break up, Harry and I remained best friends. I texted him a lot and even hung out with them. Secretly of course.

I smoothed my dress one more time before grabbing my purse and walking out of my hotel room. I walked out of the hotel to get into my limousine that was waiting to take me to the VMA's tonight.

Once we arrived, I made sure I looked perfect for when I headed out onto the red carpet. I got out of my limo and waited to go around the corner to enter onto the red carpet. "Go on in, miss." The security guard there said to me. I nodded and put on a fake smile and rounded the corner.

I was blinded by the camera flashes, but I got used to it. I had reporters yelling stuff at me. I didn't want to talk to them, but I knew I had to.

"Taylor! Over here!" I heard from behind me. I turned to see a reporter. I walked over, keeping my fake smile.

"Taylor, may I ask a few questions?" She asked politely. I nodded and she started up. "So Taylor, we know that Harry is going to be attending with the rest of the band. How is that going to go as to it being the first time you both are together since you broke up?" She asked.

I internally sighed. I knew this would be brought up. They can't just let it be, can they?

"Well, Harry and I both agreed to being friends and we get along quite well, so I don't think it's going to be awkward at all." I said, keeping a fake smile.

She asked me a few more questions, before I moved on to other reporters.

Finally, I entered in and took my seat. I ran into Selena on the way and we chatted. We ended up sitting together and soon the show started.

-

It was over and let's just say that it was....well....I'm not going to go into detail. It was stupid to say the least.

After the show, I ran into Louis and we talked for a bit. He really is a sweet boy. We actually hung out for a little when me and Harry were "dating", and we had a nice time.

Harry and I ran into each other and we chatted for a bit. We ended up having to pose for pictures together and I knew they were probably already up on social media sites.

Finally, I felt like it was time for me to go. I turned to Harry and he gave me a hug. "Bye Sweetcheeks, text me okay?" He whispered to me. I chuckled at him using our old nicknames. "Gotcha, Hunnykins." I said, winking. He laughed and I smiled.

I found Selena and said goodbye. I ran into a few more people before heading out to my limo and having it drive me back to my hotel.

We got there and I went up to my room. I changed into some of my cozy pajamas I packed and lay down in bed.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I know from the pictures people took of me and Harry, I would be getting more hate. I know I would need Harry to comfort me, along with my friends.

Maybe I can hang out with Harry and the boys before I leave to continue my RED Tour.

I'll text Harry in the morning and ask him...

A/N:

Well, I'm just going to clarify some things:

•The New Year's Eve was still part of her flashback.

•The VMA's were what Taylor was talking about in the prolog.

•We are now in present time.

Just wanted to clarify, because I could see the confusion there!

~Em