Chapter 13: Lσνє

"All the pain, and the truth; I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused; I'm not broken or bruised..."

-Taylor-

"I never thought I'd meet anybody like him. I feel like he's everything I've ever wanted," I tell my best friend, Abigail, over the phone. "Tay, just be careful, okay? I don't want you to get hurt again," she says. "I know, I will," I tell her. "Okay, well I hate to say this, but I gotta go. I'll talk to you later?" She asks. "Yeah, see ya Abi," I say and hang up.

I was telling her about Louis, if you hadn't noticed. He's just so perfect. I can feel myself slowly falling for him. I know that we were best friends, but now that I think about it, I was falling for him back them also, I just didn't want to admit that to myself.

"Tay," Louis says, knocking on my bedroom door. "Come on in," I say and he opens the door. "I was wondering if you would like to go out on a second date? To lunch, I'm starving," he says, his stomach deciding to rumble to add effect. I laugh and agree, shooing him out so I can get ready.

-

"So, tell me about yourself. Some things I don't know yet," I ask Louis. He takes a deep breath and starts. "Well, my middle name is William. Er, I like to-ugh Taylor! This is hard!" He says and I try not to laugh as I take a bite out of my macaroni. "Okay, here, I'll go first. My middle name is Allison. I like to play with my cat, Meredith as a past-time. I like sweets. I feel old. And, I-think-I'm-falling-in-love-with-you-am really enjoying this date right now. My favorite number is 13. And I really like this macaroni," I say. Louis' eyes got wide and I realized he caught what I said. Dang it, I tried to cover it up, guess that didn't work. Okay, I'm dead. He doesn't feel the same way. Okay, well technically I never said I WAS in love with him. I just said I was FALLING in love. There's an obvious difference.

"Earth to Taylor," I snap back to reality when Louis calls my name. I'm in for the embarrassment of my life. "Yes?" I ask. "The waiter asked if you wanted a refill of your drink; I told him yes, since you were zoned out," Louis says casually. How can he be casual about this?! Maybe he is just preparing himself to blow. He's acting calm for now, but once we get home he's gonna bring it up. I just know it.

Crappypoodles I'm going to die. Kill me now.

-Louis-

My eyes widen at what I just heard. She's falling in love with me. Okay, not good, not good. This is bad, this is very, very bad. I can't go and break her heart now. Not after she just admitted she's falling in love with me. She'll be crushed. This is bad. I'm going to look like a man-whore.

Yep, I'm going to get kicked out of the band for leading on a girl.

Well isn't that going to get us publicity.

I might as well break her heart now, sooner rather than later, otherwise she'll only fall deeper. I know how love works. I loved Eleanor, and she broke me. She ripped me up in little pieces and threw me away.

I can't do that to Taylor. I'll never get that guilt off of me.

I can't ruin my life.

But, I have to wait for management to tell me I can break up with her.

Not yet.

-Taylor-

"What is love?"

That question Louis asked at lunch has been bothering me the entire day.

What is love?

I think love is a feeling, but it's not just a feeling. Love can be an action also. Love is a beautiful thing, but it's not all flowers and blossoms. Love is wanting to put yourself before your lover. You're willing to die in their place. Love is a strong word, used in powerful situations. The real word of love is not used in casual situations. Saying 'I love you' when your on your way to work or school is just a reminder to that person, it isn't the actual true feeling of love. The first time you say 'I love you' to a person is the most special. It is the first time you are fully aware of your feelings for them.