chapter forty eight

Hunter's POV:

I continued scrolling through my Instagram feed, stopping at a photo of Blake and I with a fan when we were at the beach. Of course I liked it, although I payed a lot more attention to it than usual. Almost on cue, Blake entered the room, looking at Ethan, Loren, me and my brother.
" anyone want to go to the park? " He asked, the hope obvious in his eyes.
Everyone shook their head, asking why he wanted to go to the park so bad. But me? I jumped at the opportunity, just desperate to be in Blake's company again. Alone.
Blake seemed surprised when I said I'd come, but we still left anyway, walking towards the park in complete silence. We occasionally spoke about if I'm liking it here in Texas, about YouTube and random things, but other than that we just walked quietly beside one another.

I could feel the tension, anyone could. It was like he knows something, and is refusing to tell me. I mean, ever since he came out as gay I've been wondering if he likes someone, maybe that's it. I shrugged it off, entering the park and rushing towards the slide. I'm 17, but I act 5. Who cares? Embrace your inner child. Blake did the same, running towards the swings instead. I laughed at him, as he leaped onto it, starting to swing back and forth slowly. I watched him closely, taking in every detail of his actions. The way he furrowed his eyebrows, and bit his lip in deep thought.

If only I could know what he was thinking right now...

I didn't even know I did it, but I stood up, walking towards the swing beside him and sitting down. Blake looked my way, still silent as he stared. For a second I thought I saw him look down at my lips, but he quickly averted his gaze back up to my eyes. I looked down at his hand, noticing that he'd moved it towards me, getting closer and closer by the second. I felt my breath hitch as he moved right next to me, now just a touch away.
" Blake... " I managed to croak out, until he shushed me, my heart beating at an irregular speed.
His hand found it's way to my cheek, gently caressing it as I watched him closely. Part of me wanted this, and I don't know why.
" Hunter, I really like you " Blake announced, my eyes opening widely at the information.
I couldn't speak, his face only inches from mine now. I can't even express how much I wanted to lean up and break the distance between us, but I was too scared too. Being with a boy in this way is something I would have never imagined to happen to me, and it's a lot scarier than you think. Am I gay? Am I bi? What?
Blake did as I wanted deep down, leaning in and connecting our lips for the first time. Everything in the world seemed to stop, right there in that moment. Like everything was still going on around us, but it wasn't. It felt like it was just me and Blake in this world, and if I could keep it like that forever I would. I kissed back, not sure of what I was doing but fucking enjoying it. It felt like no other, like nothing could compare.

I came back into reality, quickly pulling away and gasping for air.
" Blake we can't do this " I murmured, standing up and running a hand through my hair.
He watched me, the hurt obvious in his eyes as he stood up, grabbing onto my wrist gently to stop me from leaving.
" don't tell me you didn't feel it too... that's a lie, Hunter " Blake said through gritted teeth, his jaw clenching angrily.
Tears started to form in my eyes, as I looked down at the ground and back up to him, fumbling with my fingers nervously. His gaze on me was too strong, as I picked up my pace and ran out of the park, leaving Blake alone. I didn't exactly know where I was going, but I knew that I'd eventually end back up at Adylin's house. His words rang in my ears, repeating over and over in my head.

" don't tell me you didn't feel it too... that's a lie, Hunter "

I did feel it, that's what scares me

*******

A/N- bunter please