chapter twenty

1 week later

I packed my bag, throwing all of my essentials in and zipping it up. Finally finished packing, after what feels like years. I checked my phone, looking at the same messages that I've been receiving for the past week, ever since things went downhill.

Grayson: please talk to me Lin

Grayson: I need you

Grayson: Please let me talk
Read ( 11:49pm )

I ignored them again, wanting to reply with all my heart but knowing that it's for the best.
I sighed, laying back down on my bed and staring up at the white ceilings.
' I miss you Grayson ' I thought, and I felt my eyes watering again at the thought of him. I shook it off, trying to make myself excited for California tomorrow.

Yes, tomorrow I leave for playlist live, and I couldn't be going at a more annoying time. I haven't really replied to Grayson's texts, I've spoken to Ethan once or twice though. Our conversations are mainly just him asking to talk to Grayson, or him saying that Grayson wants to know if I'm okay. It hurts not talking to him, but I know that what he did hurt me, and this is for the best. I know that when I get to playlist tomorrow it'll be extremely awkward, and probably quite tense... I don't even know if I'll see him! But he'll definitely be there, and I want to meet him. Of course I do, but I can't. Not when we're in the middle of this argument. I know you're probably screaming at me right now, saying that I should just forgive him and get over it... but it's hard. What if we fixed things right away, and then his ex does that again? He can't let her control him, but he did. That's what worries me.

I put my phone down on the bedside table while turning off the light, closing my eyes and hoping for at least a little nap. I've had hardly any sleep this past week, all because I've been thinking about how much I miss talking to Gray. Again, I didn't know it was possible to miss someone you haven't properly met, but I do. And I do really bad.

I sighed, twisting over into a comfy position and burying my face into the soft pillow, maybe this night will be the one when I can actually sleep. Hopefully, anyway. I have to be up at 4am, so I better.

All I know is that tomorrow is a big day. A very big day.