chapter eighteen

I quickly put down my phone, staring out of the car window aimlessly. I didn't even realise, but the tears were now falling, making my eyes wet and puffy. I opened the car door, stepping out and running inside of my house. I had my phone in my right hand, squeezing it tighter than ever as I slammed the door shut and ran up to my bedroom. As soon as I hit the bed the tears wouldn't stop, along with uncontrollable sobs.

You could say I'm being dramatic, but having feelings for someone and then having them crushed like that really hurts, especially when they give you hope and throw it back in your face. By now I was crying into my pillow, my hair messy and my mascara smudging onto the white fabric. I heard my phone begin to vibrate, and I looked down to see Grayson's name on the screen. I let it go to voicemail, and ignored the several texts he started leaving.

Grayson's POV:

I left so many texts and calls, hoping that she'd answer me sometime soon. I know I messed up, and I regret it. I really do like Adylin, and she probably thinks that it was all a lie now. I know that Ethan told her, and it's really worrying me. She's stopped answering my calls, texts and everything... now I know how she felt when I did that to her. I did it out of guilt, I couldn't talk to her properly knowing that she'd be hurt if I told her.
Seconds later, Ethan burst into my room, running his hand through his hair out of stress.
" You'll be lucky if you get another chance with her, Grayson " Ethan said, shaking his head at me in disappointment.
" I know " I muttered, not knowing how to reply to that.
He sat down beside me, letting out a long sigh which I knew wasn't a good sign.
" why did you even do it? " He asked, and I knew he was asking why I slept with Sophia.
Sophia is my ex, who will do absolutely anything to ruin the things that makes me happy, in this case... Adylin. That's why this is all happening right now.
" She started kissing me and I told her to stop, but she kept on doing it and I let her.... I know what she's capable of and she'd ruin everything even more than she already has if I didn't " I said honestly.

I was telling the truth.

*flashback*

I was in mine and Grayson's apartment, scrolling through Instagram and mainly looking through Adylin's account for the fiftieth time today. I'm not creepy I swear, but just seeing her photos makes me smile.
I heard a knock on the door, and I walked over to open it. As I did, I pulled a disgusted look, noticing my ex, Sophia at the door.
She is determined to ruin everything, and I really hate her.
" hey, wanna hang? " she asked, and I scrunched up my nose in confusion.
" what? " She chuckled evilly, stepping inside the apartment without even being welcomed.
As she walked past me her hands trailed across the wall, stopping as she turned and closed the door behind her.
Before I could kick her out, she pushed me against the wall with her hands, staring into my eyes deeply. If only those were Adylin's eyes I was looking into...
She crashed her lips onto mine, and I turned my head to try and avoid anything else that I didn't want. I don't want her, I don't like her, and I never will again.
" get off " I said, but she didn't budge.
I pushed her away lightly, making sure I didn't hurt her in the process. A small smirk appeared on her lips as she stepped closer, her hands scanning over my shoulders. I shrugged it off, not wanting her near me at all.
" you know what I'll do if you don't, Grayson " She warned, pressing her lips against mine without warning.
She can't do this again, the whole reason we broke up a few years ago was because of how controlling she was. She's kind of scary, not going to lie.
I didn't kiss back, I just let it happen... knowing that I'll regret it sooner or later. I released that this wasn't right, pushing her off again before she jumped on me, attacking my neck with sloppy kisses which annoyed me even more.
" watch it, we don't want your fans finding out about this, do we? And they will " She smirked, continuing what she began.
I knew what she meant by that. She would tell all of my fans that I hooked up with her, but change it so that it ruins my reputation. That's what she almost did the last time, and I don't want that to happen.

I guess I'll just have to do this
But I don't want her
I never will...
I want Adylin

*flashback over*

I explained everything to Ethan, and he was shocked. At first he thought I was just being selfish and ignorant for doing this, but I wasn't. I know he believed me, and I'm glad. I can't have someone else close to me hating me for something that wasn't exactly my fault. I know I need to explain everything to her, but she isn't answering me.
" Ethan, can you text her and let her know what really happened " I asked, and he nodded while pulling out his phone.
He started typing, and slid his phone back into his pocket once he'd sent it. He let out a sigh, before standing up and starting to leave the room.
" it'll be fine, Gray " He reassured me, and I nodded, even though I didn't know whether to believe him or not.
As soon as he left I lay back down, instantly feeling my eyes water up at the thought of me making Adylin upset, which I probably have. She could be crying right now for all I know, and all I want is for her to be happy. I messed up though, and Sophia is to blame for all of this.

Even though I've never met Adylin in person, I feel like a piece of my heart is missing. The girl I love is won't talk to me, and she hates me. Wait....

Love?