chapter six

It's been a month since I started talking to Grayson, and there hasn't been a day when I haven't spoken to him. We're really good friends I guess you could say, and know a lot about one another. Things I haven't even told Blake, and that's strange.

I was watching my new video, and it was a cover of love on the brain by Rihanna. I was quite proud of myself, and I was going to upload it later tonight. I was knocked out of my thoughts when I received a message, and I checked it to see Grayson's name pop up.
My heart fluttered as I saw it, and I quickly clicked on our chat and read it.

Grayson: wyd?

Adylin: hello to you too

Grayson: ha ha ha

Adylin: what do you want I'm editing a video for tonight 😂

Grayson: do you want to FaceTime?

What? My heart dropped as he said that. Of course I want too, but I look disgusting. I'm in a crop top, comfy shorts, my hair is tied up and I have no makeup on. I don't get why I'm so bothered though, he's just a friend and I shouldn't have to try and impress him. Why do I get that feeling though? Like when he talks to me I feel so lucky and loved? Okay, I'll shut up. It means nothing.

Adylin: I look like shit though, Gray

Grayson: I bet you don't... I just want to talk to you

Adylin: we're talking right now

Grayson: properly

I sighed, the butterflies coming as I went to my contacts, I then noticed that I don't even have his proper number. This whole time we've been talking over twitter, and I didn't have his number. As soon as I was about to tell him that, he messaged me his number. It's like he read my mind, kind of creepy to be honest. I added him as a contact and was about to FaceTime him, but suddenly felt self conscious and nervous. I shook it off, pressing the button as the little beeps were heard from my phone. I waited anxiously, as the phone went silent and the connecting symbol appeared.
I didn't even realise I was holding in a breath until his face popped up on the screen, and just seeing him put me at ease. I don't know how he makes me feel that way, he just does.
It was silent, as I held the phone so that he could see me and waved shyly. I didn't even notice, until I saw him look down. I heard him gulp, and I followed where his eyes were looking, noticing that my shirt was showing half of my cleavage accidentally.
" shit " I mumbled, pulling it back up so that he couldn't see.
As soon as I looked back up at my phone, I noticed that he was gone. He'd hung up. What?

I went onto our messages and saw that he'd texted me, and I was really confused.

Grayson: you can't do that

Adylin: what?

Grayson: that

Adylin: I'm confused

Grayson: I can't look at you like that

Then it hit me. He was talking about the fact that I was practically on full display, and he knew he couldn't look at me in that way. I jumped up, throwing on a different shirt and sitting back down before he messaged me again. He probably thought I did it deliberately, but I really didn't...

Grayson: but I can't say I didn't like it

What the fuck? My cheeks blushed bright pink, and I waited for them to return to its normal shade before I messaged back.

Adylin: shut up, I'm changed now, I'll call you

I knew he was probably just kidding, friends can joke around like that, right? I pressed the FaceTime button, and it was the same nervous wait again. I was hoping it wouldn't be awkward, and luckily, he answered with a large smile.
" LIN!!! " He yelled, gosh.
Hearing him say my name made my heart melt. Shit. I need to stop, Blake can't be right...
" Hi " I said shyly, and he chuckled.
" you alright? " he asked, and I smiled.
" yeah I'm good " I nodded, and he balanced his phone on the desk beside him.
He was sitting on his chair, trying to stop the camera from falling which made me laugh.
" How's things with Blake? " he asked, and I shrugged.
" great, I think we're going to the beach this afternoon " I answered, realising I might have to pack my beach bag.
" I need to get my stuff " I laughed, standing up and holding the phone in my hand while looking through my wardrobe.
" what're you looking for? " He giggled, and I gave him a funny look.
" a bikini, what do you think? " I joked, and his smile suddenly faded.
He sat there quietly, and ran his hand through his hair. He gulped again, before shaking his head quickly and returning back to normal. What?
" I don't know which one to chose, black or pink? " I asked him.
I don't know why I was asking Grayson, but why not? He's my friend and I'm sure he'll help me make my decision, ha!
" emmm, black? " he said it more as a question, and I laughed at him.
" what?? " he smirked.
" you don't have a clue, do you? " I laughed again, and he just shrugged.
Once I'd gotten my beach bag ready I sat back down and started talking to Grayson again, it was actually a lot of fun to properly talk.

We were on the topic of places that we'd visited, and I don't know how we got there to be honest.
" have you ever been to LA? " He asked.
" nope, but I'm coming down to California in a couple weeks for a YouTube event that I was invited too " I said, and his eyes opened widely.
A grin grew on his face, and he ran his hand through his perfectly soft looking hair. He looks so cute when he does that...
" which event is it? " he asked, the hope obvious in his hazel eyes.
" playlist " I said, and he smiled even more.
" I'll be there too! We should hang out when we're there " he said, and I clapped my hands together.
I smiled at the idea, actually being able to meet him sounds so amazing. Of course I'd be nervous, but excited more than anything.
" yes!! Blake will be coming so you can meet him too! Oh and my friend Loren is going to be there and I haven't seen her in ages!! " I beamed, talking extremely fast which made Grayson laugh.
" and you can meet Ethan " Gray smiled and I nodded quickly.
Just as he said that, Grayson's door burst open, and Ethan ran into his room. Speak of the devil.

Ethan tackled him to the floor, laughing loudly before sitting up and looking at the phone.
" who are you talking too? " Ethan said, smiling at me and waving.
" I'm Adylin " I laughed, and his mouth suddenly hung open as he turned to look at Grayson in shock.
" You did message her! " He yelled, laughing and pointing at Grayson.
I sat there extremely confused, watching them as I waited for Grayson to speak. He was being really quiet, which made me nervous.
" she's the one that you have- " Ethan began, before the call ended and I was left in complete confusion.
Im guessing he hung up, and that made me even more anxious. I'm the one that he- what??I want to know!!
I threw it to the back of my mind and lay back on my bed, going onto Instagram and searching his username. Instantly his profile came up, and I saw his recent Instagram that I hadn't liked. Damn.
It was a photo of him at the beach with Ethan, his hair was ruffled up and he was just in his swim shorts. Even though both of them were there... my eyes were focused on him. I shook my head, throwing my phone onto the bean bag which was next to my bed.

I let out a long sigh, holding my head in my hands before reaching for my phone again. I went onto FaceTime and this time called Blake, I know what he's going to say, and I'd rather hear it now.

' I told you so '