16: Family

Lilith's POV:

 I put my cap on, and fit the cap on. I hear a knock the door, so I quickly pull it off, to avoid bad luck. "Come." I cough. The door opens, and Mom comes in. "Hey." She says, walking in. "Hey." I toss the cap. "Are you excited?" She asks, "Kinda." I answer.

 "What collage are you going to?" She asks, I haven't told her or Dad that I am not going. "Well, I am taking a year off, to focus on jumping." I say, biting the side of my cheek. "Okay, oh Lou has some people at the Dude Ranch that are going on a trail ride, can you take them?" She asks. "Ya, I'll tack up Chip and go." I say standing from my bed.

                                                                   -At The Dude Ranch- 

 I walk Chip to the ranch, and jump off. I tie his reins to the log, and walk to cabin 1. I knock. "Hi, I'm here..." I pause as I look up. "Lilith?" The woman says. "I got to go." I turn and run to Chip. "LILITH WAIT!" I hear her yell, but I jump on Chip and gallop home.

                                                                      -At HeartLand-

 I gallop Chip as close as the barn as I could get, and jumped off. "Why aren't you riding with the people?" Mom asked, coming put of the barn. "That is my biological family." I say, my face feels cold. "LOU!" Mom yells, stomping to the house.

 "LOU!" She screams again, when we get to the house. "Ya?" Lou asks, coming into the kitchen. "WHAT ARE THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE AT THE DUDE RANCH!" Mom screams angry. "Um Mackenzie and John Smith, with their sons Justin and Kain." Lou answers scarfuly. "THOSE ARE LILITH'S BIOLOGICAL PARENTS!" Mom screams. 

 "What?" Dad and Lou ask at the same time. "Lilith, why did they give you up? Did they hurt you ever." Dad asks, sitting at the kitchen table. "NO, they didn't hurt me, physicaly." I answer. "Why did they give you up?" He asks. "I had an amazing life, until one day they told me they didn't want any daughters." I say, picking up Coda

 Dad stands up, and walk outside. "Come on Lilith!" He yells, I run out. "Get in the car now!"He says. I jump in the truck.

                                                          -At The Dude Ranch-

 Dad gets out of the car and slams the door shut. I get out and rush to him. He knocks on the door, and immediately the door opens. "Lilith!" The woman hugs me, just as the man comes to the door. "Who is this?" The man asks. "I'm her father." Dad says. "No, I am.' John says. "No, you are my biological one. This is my Dad, my Mom is at home, and my sister is with her." I say.

 "We are your parents." Mackenzie says. "No, you are Mackenzie and John Smith, she is Lilith Borden." Dad puffs. 'How much longer are you here?" He asks. "1 week." John says. "You can stay, but never come back." Dad turns around. "Bye Mackenzie and John." I say, and turn to the car.