12: Party

Lilith's POV:
I woke up, and realized it was my birthday. I am 16, and able to drive!

I look at my phone to see texts from Daniel at midnight! He is so sweet.

  Text:
Daniel:
Happy Birthday Lil!

Lilith:
Thanks!

Daniel:
I am going to pick you up in 30

Lilith:
Okay!? What for?

Daniel:
You will see soon!

I set down my phone and go into the kitchen, no one is there so I expect everyone is asleep. I go in the refrigerator and grab milk.

"Hey birthday girl." Dad comes up behind me. "Hey." I say. "What do you want for breakfast?" He asks, looking through the refrigerator. "I'm going out with Daniel." I say, walking to my room with the milk.

I get dressed in a dress with daisies, convers, and Daniel's variety jacket I took. It was surprisingly cute. I'm not anything like anyone in the family, maybe more like Lou in how I dress. Everyone else wears cowboy stuff, but Lou and I look like tourists in what we wear.

I go out of my room when I was finished, to see Mom and Dad on the couch, and Harper playing on the ground. "Happy birthday Lil." Mom says. "Happy Birthday sissy." Harper says. "Thank you, I'm going out with Daniel for the day." I say. "Okay bye." Dad says.

I walk out and see Daniel, leaned against his car. "You look beautiful Lil." He says before we kiss. "Thanks." I say, releasing our lips, and putting my arms around his waist. "Let's go." He says, opening the door.

Just as I got in, Georgie came out. "LILITH WAIT!" She shouted from the house. She ran up. "Happy Birthday." She hugs me. "Thanks Georgie!" I say. "Have fun." She waves.

We drive off with the roof off of the car, and the wind blowing through our hair. I have always thought love at first sight was a myth, but then I met Daniel.

                     -At the party-
Ty's POV:
  It was 7:30, and everyone hid in the darkness from Lilith. She walked in and turned on the light, just as she did, everyone jumped up and yelled "Surprise!"
"OMG! Hi!" Lilith yelled. She went around, thanking everyone whom came.

"Your Mother and I have a present." I say, walking to the other room. I came out with the dog. "OMG a dog?!?" She said excited. "What is his name?" She asks picking him up. "You pick." Amy says. "Coda." She says. Everyone agrees.