8: Daniel

Lilith's POV:
Georgie and I walk down the halls of Huston High. "There he is." Georgie says, referring to Daniel. "Stop!" I nudge her. "Rumor has it is that he is going to ask you to Prom." Georgie says. "Ya right." I say.

"Hey Lilith." Daniel walks up to me. "Hey." I say. "I got to go." Georgie says, and leaves. "How do you know Georgie?" Daniel asks. "Her aunt and uncle adopted me 2 months ago." I tell him. "Are you going to prom?" He asks, pulling his hand through his fawn hair. "No, well with Georgie and Adam." I say. "Probably gonna third weel it." I laugh.

"Do you want to go with me?" He asks. "Um... ya." I say. "Okay, cool." He smiles. "Ya cool. I'm I have to go." I say. "Ya bye." He hugs me. My heart races.

-After School-
"So?" Georgie scares me. "So what?" I ask, walking to Georgie's truck. "Did he ask you." She gets the keys from her backpack. "Maybe..." I say, opening the door. Georgie smiles.

-That Night-
Mom and I sat on my bed, folding cloths. "So are you Georgie and Adam still going to prom together?" Mom asked, putting some cloths in the dresser. "No, there was a change in plans." I say, folding my last shirt.

"Oh, are you still going?" She asks. "Ya." I answered. "Is there something wrong Georgie?" She bugged. "No." I say annoyed. "Who are you going with?" She asks. "Daniel." I answer.

Mom's eyes go wide. "Oh." She sighs. "Fun.." she says scared. "Mom what's wrong?" I ask. "Nothing.." She lies.

My phone dings. "That is Daniel. He wants to meet at Maggie's, can you give me a ride?" I ask. "Ya, go get Harper." She says.

                           -At Maggie's-
I walk in to see Daniel. He has his varsity jacket on, he plays quarter back on our school's football team. He looks up, smiles and waves. I walk over to him.

"Hey." He stands and hugs me. "Hey." I sit. "Is that your mom?" He asks, pointing to Mom and Harper. "Ya, and my little sister Harper." I answered. "Wait, is that Amy Fleming, the miracle girl?" He asks excited. "Ya, but no one calls her that anymore." I laugh.

"Lil, I'm gonna go." Mom comes up. "Okay, this is my friend, Daniel." I introduced. "It is an honor meeting you Mrs.Borden. I am a huge fan." Daniel gets up and shakes her hand. "You too. Bye honey." Mom smiles. "Bye mom, bye Harper." I say as she walks away.

"I didn't know you were into horses." I say, looking at the menu. " I love them. I do jumping at home, on my horse Boomerang." He tells. "I do jumping to. My horse is Chip." I say.

"What can I get... oh hey Lilith." Jade pauses. "Hey Jade, this is Daniel." I introduce them. "Nice to meet you." Jade smirks. "What do you want?" She asks. "Can I get a tea and burger please?" Daniel asks. "And you?" Jade says, after writing down Daniel's order. "The same for me please." I say, handing Jade the menu. "That will be right out." She walks away.

"So for prom, I was thinking I could pick you up, we could go, then go out for a nice dinner." Daniel says excited. "I never thought you would be the type of guy to want to go to prom." I laugh. "Don't tell my friends, but my dream was to go to prom with a beautiful girl." He says. I blush.

We talk for 10 minutes, before Jade comes back with our food. "Here you go." She puts down our hamburgers and drinks. "Thank you." Daniel and I say at the same time.

1 hour of eating and talking, we finally finish out meal. "Well I have to go." Daniel stands up. "Do yo want a ride home?" He asks. "I got you. I need to go ask Georgie something anyways." Jade steps in. "Okay, bye Lil." He hugs me. "By Daniel."

"He is cute." Jade says, as we get in the car. "Are you dating?" She asks. "Not officially, but we are going to prom." I tell her. The whole ride we talk about Daniel.