Chapter 13 ♪ Hatefuck

"Did you really go to a concert in Knoxville? Since you've been back something seems to be bothering you."

"Yes," Audrina breathed in frustration. "I went to a Motionless in White show and it wasn't that great. I'm disappointed I wasted my time and money, Dalton. That's all."

That next day after Audrina arrived home from work; she changed, threw her hair into a messy bun, and began laundry. Since she kissed Chris - or he kissed her - her mind has been scattered all over the place, now she couldn't even look Dalton in the eyes and he was becoming very suspicious. She folded the clothes while listening to Pandora when her cell dinged, a text message came across the screen from Elizabeth urgently demanding a Skype call. Since Carolina Rebellion, Elizabeth has been MIA and Audrina knew it must be serious. She set the laptop on a pillow on the bed and video called Elizabeth. When she answered, she looked pale as a ghost. 

"What's up, Liz?"

Elizabeth was quiet while she held up a positive pregnancy test. Audrina's mouth dropped to the floor.

"I just found out today, I wanted you to be the first to know. Please say something, Audrina!"

"I-I don't know what to say, honestly I'm shocked!" 

"Me too," Elizabeth said, sounding distracted. "I am on the pill so I don't understand how this happened."

"You haven't told Oliver yet?"

"No," she replied. "I want to tell him in a special way like over a romantic dinner. He's an amazing guy, I love him! But we've never talked about having kids."

"Whatever happens and whatever you choose to do, I'll be there to support you. Promise."

Elizabeth's eyes became teary and she fanned her eyes, inhaling deeply.

"Okay," she said. "we need to talk about something else before I start sobbing! How are you and Dalton?"

Audrina grimaced, not wanting to get into all of that right now. So, she avoided the question in hopes Elizabeth will just drop it.

"I better be aunt Audrina, though!"

"Of course you will be, but you're avoiding my question. Did he do something dumb? I'll kick his butt!"

"No, he's been great but shouldn't we talk about you?" Audrina groaned. Elizabeth gave her a very long stare until she gave in, realizing she wouldn't let it go. She thrived off gossip! "I messed up, Liz. Have you ever thought something was right and now it just feels so wrong?"

"Once or twice. You don't want to be with him anymore?"

"I don't know," Audrina mumbled and sat on the bed with her legs underneath her body. "I thought I really did love him but after Carolina Rebellion I started talking to Chris again."

"What?!" Elizabeth shouted. "tell me every single detail, now!"

"I unblocked him on Instagram and I guess he was looking for me after Carolina Rebellion, but anyways, he messaged me because he wanted to talk. He wanted to meet up face to face but I refused, I wasn't ready to do that," she paused for air. "we ended up skyping and he told me he still loved me but he wanted to be friends. Just friends. I'm so stupid, I agreed to it! We talked off and on about what we've been doing after I left, about the new album, blah blah blah, and then he started begging to see me before their tour in Europe. He convinced me to come to their show in Knoxville, which was a bad idea from the start and I should have realized that! Seeing him again kept bringing back memories, Liz and then I hugged him, and I started crying. I freaking missed him! I went to the concert and before it started he told me their new song The Ladder was about me, he said he wanted me to know beforehand so he wouldn't lose me," Audrina stopped and wiped away a tear, becoming angry that she was crying over this. Elizabeth watched sadly. "that song hurt me so much, I was humiliated so I ran off. Basically, he went on a search to find me and found my hotel room... he kissed me, Elizabeth. But I kissed him back and now I can't stop thinking about him nor that kiss. It was like... fireworks. I hate myself for doing it!"

"You love him, don't you?" Elizabeth asked softly with sympathy. 

The tears fell harder but Audrina kept swiping them away in frustration.

"I'm so dumb!"

"No, you're not! Audrina, you're human and honestly I would be shocked if you didn't love him. I know you don't want to hurt Dalton but you shouldn't live your life unhappy just to keep someone else satisfied. You need to get your man!"

"Chris has a girlfriend too, Liz." 

"So? I know he'll leave her if it means he can have you. Have you spoken to Chris since you guys kissed?"

Audrina shook her head lightly.

"No and I haven't heard from him either."

"Contact him, pour your heart out. Stop wasting time!"

Audrina knew Elizabeth was right. She didn't hesitate to grab her phone off the nightstand without thinking twice. 

"What do I say?"

"Just ask if he's busy. Very simple and intriguing. Don't be threatened by Gaiapatra, all is fair in love and war."

.....

This chapter was a little fun and lighthearted to write between two best friends gossiping. Elizabeth is pregnant and Audrina is trying to figure out who to spend her life with. But honestly, do you think Chris would choose Audrina easily? Leave your answer down below, I'm curious!