Chapter 58

*Jonathan's P.O.V.*

I wake up, and once again, Alex is in top of me. It feels good, being able to hold her all night.

"Alex, wake up." I shake her shoulders lightly.

"Hmmm?" She mumbles.

"Wake up, its the family skate." I say louder.

She opens her eyes, squinting because of the light.

"Patinage de famille!" i say in french this time.

"Oui! Ah, merci pour cette l'information." She says, wide awake now.

Well i guess french works.

"Seabs is going to bring his new born!" Patrick announces.

"Aww babies." Alex says, smiling.

"Let's get going!" I say.

She leaps off of the couch, and eagerly rushes to her room.

I laugh as she rushes back out.

"Wait what should I wear?" She asks.

"Anything..." i think of what some of the other girls wear. I don't even know. "Anything." I repeat.

She comes out a minute later, in a knit sweater and a scarf. It matches her beanie perfectly. Her leggings make her legs look miles long even though she's short.

"Perfect." I kiss her temple. She leans towards me, but then Patrick walks in.

"Man,you have REALLY bad timing." I mutter.

Pat just smiles that devilish grin, and throws on his jacket. "Let's go! We're all planning on eating lunch after as well. You guys in?"

I look at Alex, and she nods.

"Yep." I say confirming our presence.

         *Arriving at the family skate*

Sharpy's, Seabs', and Shawzy's families are already here.

Andrew is the first to greet us.

"Pat! Jonny boy, and Alex!" He hugs her, and she's taken aback.

"He's friendly." Chaunette explains,not at all jealous. Alex laughs, and they hit it off right away. The girls leave to put on their skates, and I go over to Seabs.

"Hey beaut." I pat him on the back. "Where's that little boy of yours?" I ask.

He chuckles. "You little beauty, he's with the momma." He points over to Dayna and Carter.

I walk over to little Carter, and smile. He's so tiny. His hands and fingers look so small and delicate.

"Let's hit the ice!" I hear Sharpy say. He's got Madelyn laced up, and she's wobbling onto the ice.

Alex skates while chatting with Chaunette, and she seems at ease with the ice. Good.

I'm standing with Kaner, when Alex skates over and takes my hand.

She picks up a hockey stick from the pile, and says "I've been practicing!"

I laugh, and grab my stick from the pile.

"Bring it." I challenge.

She doesn't stick handle, and instead stands at centre ice. She shoots the puck with more strength than before, and her good aim does her well. The puck swishes into the net, and she grins proudly.

Andrew gives out a whistle, and Chaunette cheers.

Alex laughs, and skates back to me.

"How's that?" She asks.

"You have incredible aim." I tell her.

She smiles. "People tell me that when i go mini golfing."

"I'm sure they do!" I exclaim. Her aim is so good, it may as well be better than Steeger's.

She kisses me on cheek lightly, and my face grows warm. Her lips are always cold, i notice. I like it that way. I just like everything she does.

"I'll be back, I'm going to buy us some drinks." She says.

I nod. "Get me a coke, pretty please?"

"Of course." She smiles.

I skate around practicing my hockey stops, when someone taps me from behind. I turn around.

"Lindsey?"