Chapter 57

For dinner, Jonathan complimented Patrick's burritos.

That got me thinking about Lindsey again. Who is she? I mean for all i know, she's just a friend. But why did Jonathan act so weird when she called? She sure calls him a lot. And Patrick. He seemed so hesitant in telling me about Lindsey. Did Jon tell him not to mention her?

Okay, now I'm just over thinking it.

"Are you okay?" Jonathan interrupts my thoughts.

"Hmm?" I ask confused.

"You've been awfully quiet tonight..." he raises his eyebrows.

I catch Patrick's eye, and he looks away quickly. He gives a slight shake of his head, and i know not to talk about it.

"Nothing, just excited for the skate tomorrow." I say, which isn't entirely false.

Jonathan looks at me skeptical, but I assure him by holding his hand on the table.

He nods, but still somewhat hesitant.

I make a face at him, and he tries not to laugh. I throw graded cheese at him, and this time Patrick lets out a laugh.

Jonathan chuckles, and says "All right, i believe you."

Dinner goes by quick, and Patrick excuses himself.

Jonathan and I sit on the couch holding each others hands. I yawned tired, and Jonny lays down. I lie down beside him, head on his chest.

He strokes my hair, and i can feel his breath at the top of my head.

"Alex?" He asks

"Yeah?"

"I love you." He whispers.

I slide up, and kiss the spot right between his lips and his jaw.

He groans, and sits up.

"You like teasing me, don't you?" He says playfully.

I kiss him again, on that same spot, and this time, he saw it coming. He tilts his head to the side slightly, so i kiss him right on the lips.

I pull back surprised, and he smirks.

I smile, and he lies down again.

He closes his eyes tired, and i play with his short hair. His breath becomes steady, and he falls asleep.

This is the first time I'm really noticing his face up close.

I touch his eyelids lightly, exploring his face. His eyelashes are long, and they curve up. Boys always have the longest eyelashes. I feel the scars from when the puck hit his forehead. His scar on his lip was so cute.

I lie with him, arms around his waist. He moves in his sleep, wrapping a protective arm around me. I smile, and sleep for tomorrow. The Blackhawks family skate.

Hey guys! Thanks for almost 10k!  these next chapters will be long ones, so stay tuned! keep voting and commenting!