Chapter 47

*Alex's P.O.V.*

Jonathan left. I will watch the game on TV, i know he wants me to.

Before he drove away, Jonathan had said, "Call me. No wait. I'll call you."

It doesn't bother me, but he's very busy. I feel like both our schedules are so different, sometimes i can't help thinking this won't work.

He didn't kiss me when he left. I wanted him to, but i guess he was in a hurry. He kept checking his phone for the time.

I lie down on the bed, and stare at the ceiling. It's silent without Jonathan.

Alex. Don't be silly. Jonathan's going to come back, he's simply just...not here right now.

I can't do this. I need to get out of here. I grab my skates, and drive. There's only one place to be.

I pull up to the driveway. I walk into the house, and it's exactly the same as i left it. Except without Jonathan, of course.

I walk straight into the rink, and turn on the lights. The Christmas lights are still up, reminding me of my first kiss with Jonathan. I smile, the memory bringing back the butterflies in my stomach.

I unlock the gate, and place my leg up on the boards stretching. My skate scratches the board, leaving a small line.

I skate around the rink warming up, crossing my turns. Then, i stop at centre ice.

I raise my arms above my head. The music starts. I skate backwards, crossing my left leg under my right. I jump, only spinning once. I land it, but I'm a bit off balance. I slide, and fall on my knees. I stop my iPod and take the earbuds out.

I decide to practice the jumps later. I grab a hockey stick and a puck. Its amazing how its just in the corner, no one using this.

I move the wooden board blocking the net, and take some shots.

Jonathan was right, i do have good aim. But bad technique and strength of course.

I shoot puck after puck, each harder and faster. My arms and legs are sore, and i sit on the bench.

My phone blings.

Vivian:

Hey girl heeey. Is Jonathan back in Chicago? They have a game tonight, right? I just knocked on your room, and you're not there. Are you okay? Call me please!

Aw. This girl's amazing.

I dial her number.

"Hey Viv, what's up?" I say into the phone.

"Where are you? I have all of the assignments for today."

"I'm just out," i answer, "thank you. I'm coming back right now. Meet me in my room." I tell her.

"Sure." She says, and she hangs up.

I switch off the lights, making everything dim. I leave and lock the doors. It's a little spooky here when it starts getting dark.