Chapter 51

*Jonathan's P.O.V.*

It was in fact NOT my mom.

It was Lindsey.

I don't know why she's calling me all of a sudden. She wanted to have a drink with me tonight.

I told her i already have a girlfriend, and she's coming to the family skate with me on Sunday. Hopefully she gets the point and leaves me alone.

But that was close. What if Alex saw? I can't hurt her.

She's teaching Patrick this hand shake thing on the couch.

"What's this?" I ask, casually swinging my arm around her waist. She turns away from Patrick, and lays her head between the crook of my neck and shoulder.

"A hand shake kind of thing. We couldn't start the game without you, you took the controller with you." She gestures to the game controller that was still in my hand.

"Oh." I say, "Do you still want to play?" I ask her.

She shakes her head. She cuddles in closer with me, and i smile. This is the perfect place i want to be.

I guess Patrick felt like a third wheel, because he mumbled something along the lines of "I'm going to bed."

Alex must've been tired from the long car ride from Toronto to Chicago. She fell asleep on my shoulder, and i reached over to get the blanket next to the couch. I threw the blanket over myself and Alex. Her head fell from between my neck and shoulder to my chest. Alex wrapped her arms around me, unaware of what she was doing in her sleep. I chuckle to myself. I wrap my arms around her, and fall asleep.

uh oh! Lindsey... *cue dramatic music* DUHDUHDUHHH

love you all for 5k reads (: keep reading and voting!