Chapter 39

*Alex's P.O.V.*

My head is pounding. Where am I? Then i remember. Did i faint in the locker room? I open my eyes, and it's bright. I look around and see that I'm in a hospital bed.

"Alex," Jonathan is sitting beside me, "how are you feeling?" He asks.

I try to speak, but my mouth and lips are dry. I cough and wheeze. Jonathan is a step ahead of me, he holds a glass of water up to my lips as i drink thirsty. I immediately feel much better, and i sit up.

"Relax, no rush." Jonathan says as he helps me sit comfortably.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"You fainted." He said. "The doctor will be here soon to explain it to you. You had a very high fever. You remember everything properly, right?"

I think hard. What DID happen before i fainted? Then, ever so slowly, the pieces started to come back. My head on his strong chest. My fingers entwined with his.

"We're together." I remember.

I sighs in relief. He didn't have time to say anything, because the doctor came in.

"Good to see you're awake and talking." Doctor Lina said.

I smiled. My lips cracked.

"Here." She placed a small model of vaseline on my table. "Put this on your lips. Just let me take your temperature and pulse, if nothing goes wrong, you're on your way home." She winked.

"Thanks Doctor Lina," i say, the exact time as Jonathan says "Thanks doc."

She laughed. "You guys are cute. I remember days back when i was wild and free..."she trailed off. "Anyways, back to your temperature and pulse..." the Doctor placed a thermometer in my mouth. We wait a while, and the beep goes off.

"Everything looks in shape so far, lets just confirm that." She takes out the blood pressure measuring thingie and wraps it around my arm.

It pinches a bit, but other than that, it doesn't hurt.

"You've always had extremely low blood pressure, correct?" Doctor Lina asks.

I nod.

"Then this is fine. You can leave anytime now." She smiled.

"Thank you." I say, as she collects her stuff and leaves.

Wait a second. I shoot out of the bed. I HAVE CLASS THIS MORNING. HOLY FUCKING CRAP.

"Jonathan, i have classes today!" I say hurriedly grabbing my things.

"Relax," he says, "Vivian got two days off for you." He explains.

I shake my head. "Being absent the first few days back isn't good. I have a 90% average to maintain! And even improve!" I add frustrated. Ugh the stress of school.

"Relax." He said again. I close my eyes. Jonathan's right. School isn't everything. But i still need to catch up and study. I text Vivian.

*Hey girl. I'm going to be back maybe on Wednesday? Please send me notes and assignments. Thank you. How  was last night? I didn't want to leave you ALONE with Kane ;)*

Right after i sent the text, my phone dies. Great.

Jonathan chuckles. "We should get going. Do you maybe want to visit my house now?" Jonathan asks.

"Oh my! Right you have a house here! Sure. Wait should i get my skates?" I ask.

"That's a good idea. Lets go to your dorm first." He says.

I nod. Jonathan helps me out of the bed. I feel fine. Just a little light headed.

I slip my phone into my back pocket and left.