30. Brother

"Hey mom.." I say rubbing my eyes. "Wow, you're awake at..." she stops to check the time "8.15 a.m?" she says surprised. "Yeah, I can't really sleep.." I say nodding. "Call Ellie, hang out, do something. I hate to see you like this!" my mom says as she search for the cereals. "Yeah, that's a good idea." I giggle. "Yeah, that's how I want to see you all the time." my mom laughs handing me the milk. 

"So, to make you feel better..." my mom says raising one eyebrow as she looks at me smirking "I called..." but I immediately knew who did she call. "Jayden!" I shout and she nodded "he'll be here in max 1 hour, this had to be a surprise but you woke up so-" "It doesn't matter woman! He's arriving here I should clean my room right now!" I shout hitting the table with my palms. 

-

"So, who's this Jayden?" Ellie asks me on the phone. "He's my cousin from Las Vegas, I haven't seen him for 2-3 years." I say as I clean my room, my phone being on the table on speaker. "And why's he so important?" she asks confused. "WHY?" I shout "He's like my brother I've never had!" I laugh.

"Yeah, you can purchase that T-Shirt, it's cute but the winter is coming" Ellie said giggling and I started to laugh as I remember that Christmas is coming. "CHRISTMAAAAS!" I shout on the phone, scrolling down on my computer. "Yeah, and Ethan's birthday is com-" but she stopped after she realized that i got pretty emotionless. "Shit.." she mumbles.  

"Val!!!" my mom shouts. "HE'S HERE!" I shout on the phone. "see you later at the beach, i can't wait you to meet Jayden!" I say after hung the phone.

I got full speed downstairs and I stopped seeing Jayden on my door. I just stayed and stared there for a while, he changed so much. He was 2 years older than me, so he's 19. "Who is she?" Jayden asks laughing, his bad jokes again. "Screw you" I say leaning to him and hugging him. "My brother from another mother.." I say into his chest, hugging him even harder. "Valerie? You grew up so much!" I hear a familiar voice. "Aunt Lia?" I say covering my mouth, behind her standing my uncle Harry. "Good to see you guys!" I say hugging them both. "We got you some candies!" My aunt says as she starts to laugh, like the old good times when I lived in Las Vegas 4 years ago. 

I grabbed Jayden's hand and we went to my room. "So, any boyfriends? I haven't punched someone in a while." he laughs, his jaw clenching. "Wel..." and I started to tell him everything. 

"Mom, where's dad shotgun?!" Jayden shouts loud enough that my aunt can hear him. I laugh but after I stopped as he seemed to be serious. "Just stay calm Jayden, it's over.." I say faking a smile, looking like a psychopath. "Ellie's my best friend and we're going to a walk with her and her boyfriend Ethan who's Grayson's brother." I say awkwardly. "Nice." he says as he punches my shoulder friendly. "Didn't it hurt you? Everytime I've done that you called for your mom." Jayden says surprised. 

We went downstairs and the others were sitting on the couch, watching TV. "We're going out." I say looking to my mom as I try to ask her for some money. "Here, dear." my uncle hands me 50$. "That's too much" I say raising my eyebrows. "Keep them." he says and I didn't refused. "Oh mom, and Jayden just punched me in the shoulder." I say heading outside. "Jerk.." he mumbles closing the door after him.

"Ella?" I say as I see Ella staying outside. "Hey dear, and hey Jayden, I've heard a lot about you" she says shaking hands with Jayden. "So, let's get pick Ethan." she says as my smile fade away.

We knocked on the door and Ethan opened. "Hello there" Ethan says welcoming us in his house. He met Jayden and they're like best friends. As we laugh to Ethan's jokes, footsteps from upstairs are getting louder and louder. "Hey, Gray." Ethan says turning around to see Grayson pretty tired. "Um, hey?" Grayson says coming to meet Jayden. Jayden wasn't too happy. No one said that me and Jayden are cousins. 

"Are you coming with us?" Ethan asks Grayson as we head outside. "No man, I have some things to do." Grayson says giving a devil look to all of us. "Kay, man." Ethan says closing the door after us. 

We had some fun together, until Ellie touched me on the shoulder to show me that Grayson is with a girl on the other side, eating ice-cream. Grayson looked back but I turned my head to Jayden and Ethan who saw them already. "Guys, wait for me, I have to give Gray some keys." Ethan says. "We're coming too." Ellie says dragging me by my hand. "Are we?" I asked confused. 

"Hey, didn't see you there.." Grayson smirks. I grabbed Jayden's hand and leaned my head on his arm. "Play it cool" I whisper to Jayden and he starts to play with my hair. "What the hell Valerie? Grayson's getting mad." Ellie says giggling a little. "We should leave now.." Ellie says dragging me with her, Jayden and Ethan following us. 

Ethan's POV

"Are you -uh- guys.. A couple?" I ask Jayden. "Nope, she's my cousin. She told me to play it cool.. there" he says giggling. 

Valerie's POV

In our way home as we have fun together, on Ethan's door was staying Grayson.. With that girl we all saw with him earlier. "G'night Ethan.." I say going faster than they were walking. 

I arrived home, Jayden behind my back. I headed to the kitchen when my mom is with my aunt and my uncle. "Mom" I start to cry "I want to move to Las Vegas" I say remembering that aunt gave me the offer to move with them and my mom being okay with that as she saw me suffering because of Grayson and I couldn't resist. 

"You sure you want that?" My mom asks me as Jayden grabs my arm looking at me unsure.

"Yes." I say smiling after, even tears were streaming down my face.

•••

I can't help myself, I have to update every time. 

Is Valerie moving to LV? Keep reading to find out xoxo