28. Hurting

On the ground I see a wet piece of paper with an address on. Is that Erica's address? I have to find out. 

I tried to cover my hair with a news paper. On my way, messages from Ethan and Ellie were coming from them, asking me where I am. Every car passed by, I had to hide. I was afraid of predators, criminals, rapers, Ethan and Ellie. 

"Finally.." I say arriving at my destination. It was a pretty house, not big and not small. There was lights on. I saw a car exactly like Gray's but I didn't payed attention, I just climbed a tree to got to the 2nd floor to see if is there anyone. 

My eyes immediately filled up with tears. I was shaking, barely could move and even talk. "No.." I mumble. I try to get faster down of the tree and being hurried, I fell and I hurt my head, blood coming from my head. I had scratches everywhere, and the blood is maybe coming from a scratch that I had on my face.

I got up, barely could walk because after I hurt my head, I was dizzy. I got to the front door but it was locked. I tried the door in the back who thank God it was unlocked. 

 I ran upstairs crying, bout to beat Erica's ass. I opened the room's door seeing Erica on Grayson as she was moaning like a cow. They both looked at me, Erica trying not to laugh as she sees me full of blood. Grayson was pretty scared and he get up, coming at me saying "Val.. Let's get you home." He tried to touch me but I pushed him away. "1. you're naked and 2.you never let me explain. Check your fucking phone to see the messages and see what I talked to Erica." I say without an expression on my face, running downstairs breaking Erica's front door. 

I should text Ethan and Erica. 

Me: yeah, guess where was Grayson..   

I quickly turned off my phone and headed back to my house. As I enter the house, in the kitchen was mom, drunk asf. "Not again mom..." I say as I start to cry. "Deeeeear, what happpppened to yyyyyouuu?" she says crying. "Nothing." I say pushing her away, heading to the bathroom to clean the blood from my face and my arms.

After I was clean, I heard mom talking, but talking alone. "No one loves me, my husband it's gone everyday with his damn work..." She stopped but after she continued "Thank God Valerie I have you." she says, drinking more red wine. I went to hug her and calm her as she didn't stop crying. "And Ethan and Grayson for taking care of you.." she says but I cut her. "There's no more Grayson in my life, excepting that boy Grayson from chemistry class." I say, giggling at the last part but after starting to cry and heading to my room with my arms crossd and crying like a little kid. 

In my room I found my phone ringing. Ellie's calling me. 

Ellie:Hey, you okay baby? 

Me: Ellie, tell me something..how many times have you had your heart broken? How many times have you had your faith stolen?, by these guys that promise you everything, only to find that behind their clever lies and disguise they seem to have fooled you. Schooled you, into thinking that you finally found the one, your soulmate, you feel your fate has been decided, and then they leave..and you're alone again, wiping the tears off onto your sleeve.

How many times have you been unable to sleep because the one man that you thought you'd keep forever isn't by your side. You try and close your eyes but all you see are memories, hidden deep within the crevices of your soul are stories unforetold, visions of growing old together, visions of your hands intertwined, walking barefoot through the sands of time for what you feel feels like forever.

You lie there and fantasize about the familiar smell of his cologne, only to find that it makes you feel more alone than ever. You start to cry but it doesn't help, the tears flow down and you wish that they would drown all the pain you feel, but you soon realize that tears just make the pain feel even more real.

Your friends tell you that you need to let go, and lord knows you've tried. But regret still occupies the space between your arms where he used to lie. It's strange how much pain a broken heart can make, the same emotions it gives, it can also take. Feelings of sickness that linger long into the night; too bad there's no medication for heartbreak. -paragraphs from "you'll forget all those you had your heart broken", search on youtube.-

I started to cry, leaving Ellie with an 'oh..'. "Yeah..." I say closing the call after. 

It was already 6 a.m and I barely slept. I took a shower and changed my clothes. 

Ellie:) : I'm picking you up at 7.30 be ready xoxo. hope u feel better dear.

My eyes were red from crying. I tried to cover that redness with concealer, but you could see that I cried. I tried to hide my red nose with makeup but it didn't help. I had scratches on my face. I didn't want to do it at school, but I learned for this math test for years and I know I'm going to get a good grade. 

My mom was sleeping in the kitchen so I had to make myself my lunch. But, I was too sad. Everything looked so sad in that morning. 

"Hey love, how you felling?" Ellie asks me as I enter in the car. As a response, a tear streamed down my face. "So, nope.. you're not feeling good." Ellie says as she looks to be sorry for me. "Look, maybe you can forget Grayson, he didn't liste-" she says but I cut her off "No, Ellie! That's why! He doesn't listen, never! You don't know how many times this happened.. I can't hurt myself like that, not anymore!" I shout, crying and trying to get off the car, but Ellie locked it. "You're not going anywhere young lady." she says. 

We arrived at school. Everyone was starring at me, whispering to each others that I got my heart broken, more than sure by Grayson and that they were sure for that and that Grayson was a bad boy and a bad boy can't change.

Maybe, they're right. 

•••

Is Valerie too extra? Or is she right? Is this book coming to a final? Are Grayson and Valerie get back together? Keep reading to find out.