7. The Calls

"Hey, Grayson. Wanna come over?" I ask Grayson as he says 'yes'. I was very bored, my mom wasn't home and I was alone. I don't have so many friends. I called Grayson because Cameron wasn't home. I mean, Grayson's not my 2nd option. Don't get me wrong. But it's weird to call him here, in my house when I'm alone.

I heard that someone knocked on the door and I see Grayson from my window. "COME IN AND LOCK THE DOOR AFTER YA" I yell at him from my window.

"Hey!" He says with a big smile on his face, kissing me. "Hi!" I say and I smile too. "So, what are we gonna do?" He asks with a smirk on his face. "Let's go to the kitchen, I have some popcorn and I have to wait til it's done. So you come with me, I'm not leaving you alone here." I say as I laugh at the last part. I grabbed his hands, dragging him into the kitchen. 

He sat down, I was waiting to the popcorn to be done. I hear "ding" from my microwave. They're finally done. "Come on, Gray". I say but he looks at me, not saying anything. "Grayson, let's go..!", I say but nothing. I leave the popcorn on the table. He got up, getting close to me. He looks upset. "We have to talk." He scared the shit out of me. He grabbed my in his arms, putting me on the table. "Why are you so beautiful,Valerie?!" He says upset. His lips smashed onto mines. He really can't help himself. He really wants something. From me. I was still.. Virgin. 

We really were hot. He got me upstairs in my room, I was still in his arms. He laid me on my back in my bed, taking my shirt off as he does to his shirt too. "I'm not ready for what you want, Grayson." He shakes his head "It's okay princess. I'm not forcing you. You lead my pants. Now, let's enjoy this moment." He says and I start to laugh at the part 'you lead my pants'. 

My phone started to ring. I see Clay's number. What. The. Actual. Fuck. "Anything okay, princess?" He says worried. "N-no.. It's Clay. He's calling me." I say as so many good and bad memories got into my head again. "I'll respond. I'm going to kill hi-", he says but I stopped him. "No, Grayson. I'll ask him what he wants. I got it." I say and he shake his head as he trust me.

"Clay." I say annoyed. "Valerie. How nice to hear your great voice again. Ah, I see. You already found a new 'lover'. Haha, how sweet." He says laughing. "Jesus, Clay! It's been a while we dated. We broke because I didn't wanted to fuck with you." I say upset, he hanged out the phone. I got a new message from him.

Clay : You're a good girl, Valerie.

What does he want?

Clay : I know I was bad for you.

Jesus. Imma block his num-. But I stopped. 

Clay : Grayson isn't good for you. 

What?

Clay : You won't believe me, I know. But you'll see. 

Me : Bye, Clay.

Clay : I knew you'll say that.

Okay, that was weird. I don't know if he's jealous. "What did he tell you?" Grayson asks me worried. "Nothing, he asked me how I am. But I blocked his number." I say faking smiles at him. "Val, I have to go. My mom needs me. See you later?" He says as he hug me. "I don't know, today's my cousin's birthday." I say but it wasn't my cousin's birthday. I needed some time alone. We made our way to the exit door, kissing each other and saying goodbye. 

I was laying in my bed, thinking about what Clay said. But he was lying, I knew that. By the way, I blocked his number. I didn't wanted more shits coming from him. 

-

It was pretty late. My mom arrives home. "How you're not asleep, hon?" My mom asks as she put the groceries on the kitchen table. "I was waiting for you." That was a bad lie. I got upstairs again seeing that I have a new message. Maybe's Grayson. But it wasn't Grayson.. 

-NEW MESSAGE FROM UNKNOWN-

unknown : He will got your heart broken.

me : Clay, is that u again ffs?

He was ringing me. "what is it again Clay?" I say upset. "Look, I don't want you sad. Maybe I'm a jerk but you're a good different girl who deserves better." he says very sad. It's been a while I didn't hear him like that. "Good night, Valerie." He says and he hang out the phone.

He just wants to scare me. I know Clay. I fell asleep as I watched the TV. It was a weird sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about what Clay said. Is he joking? 

I woke up. It's 11 a.m. No calls or messages from Grayson. Kinda weird cause he used to text me every morning at 9 a.m. Maybe he's downstairs. I went downstairs and asked my mom confused "Did Grayson came here?". My mom shakes her head as a 'no'. She was packing what ever she had to pack for her job. "See you later" I say and I kiss her.

My phone started to ring again. And it wasn't Grayson. Is still Clay. "Clay..." I say but he adds "Meet me at caffee-in, please." He was really serious and I accepted. I dressed myself up and went to caffee-in. As I enter the bar, I see Clay very confused. "Valerie, please listen." He say as he grab my hand "Maybe I was a jerk, and I still am. Maybe I can't be serious, but now I am for you. You were doing good to me and I was a stupid for using you. Grayso-" But he was interrupted by Grayson who was very angry. "Leave her alone, now!" I saw Grayson's jaw clenching. I've never seen him like that before. He was very red because he was angry asf. "You're more stupid than me, Grayson. You know that." Clay says as he walk outside the bar. "Did he do something to you? Are you okay?" He says grabbing my face in his palms.

He got me home, we walked upstairs. We were very quiet. "I'm confused, Grayson.." I say with my head down. I didn't looked at him after we left the bar. "He wants to scare you." He say but something in me couldn't believe him. "What is it Grayson? You're stressed about Clay. You guys know something. He knows something." I say as I got up and getting closer to him, tears streaming down my face. "Tell me Grayson!" I yell at him, practically I was crying. "I love you..." He say as he got up and looking me in the eyes. Something was wrong. 

"No..." I say and I ran downstairs, taking my mom's car, driving to  Clay's House. 

On my way, I see Clay outside, smoking in the front of his house. "I knew that will happen." He say as he hug me. "You have to kow that-" but he was stopped by Grayson. "You're a jerk!" Clay yells at Grayson. "Tell her!" He shouts at Grayson. They were both angry and I was afraid that is gonna be a fight. "Tell her what?! That falling in love with her was just a dare from my friends?!" Grayson shouts and I started to cry even harder. He got closer to me "Valerie, I-" but I interrupted him. "Leave me!" I say as I pushed him away. "Call me if you feel better." He say as he walk to his ... his car.

I was laying down on the stairs, crying the shit out of me.  He got me in his arms. We walked inside of his house and giving me some water. "I'll get you home, Val." He say as he grabbed my hand. It's a part of Clay I've never seen it before. 

He got me home. I thanked him and I got upstairs. As I walk into my room, there was pictures of me and Grayson on the walls. !PLAY THE SONG! I started to pluck them from the walls, to break them in half. I started to break things. In my rooms was a mess. Shavings and glass  were on my carpet. 

I was crying, breaking things feeling sorry for the things I broke. But who is sorry for breaking my heart?

I went in my bathroom, turning on the warm water. I stayed in the water til the water was cold. I didn't wanted to get up even if the water was freezing. I don't know why, but I wanted to kill myself. But I was thinking about Lola. So I get out from the cold freezing water, face timing with lola after I warmed myself. I told her everything. "I hope I can come to you, somehow." I close the call and looking at photos of me and Grayson. I was very mad at him. I put my heart on his hands and he dropped it.

As I'm scrolling through my phone photos, I see he's calling. Grayson. The last person I want to talk to is Grayson. I didn't respond him. 

This was the worst day of my life. 

Hey guys! Well, something bad happened here... Will Valerie forget Grayson? You'll see in my next chapters. xoxo