48. Contagious

"Contagious"

Caitlin’s POV

My eyes widened and I answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“I need your help.”

This should be good.

“What is it?”

“I need you to come to New York.”

Seriously? What the hell?

“Why do you always need me to come fly out and see you?” I asked emphasizing the word ‘need’. Last time he called me and asked me to come see Austin perform over the summer. Here he goes again.

“Not me…Austin needs you.”

“He doesn’t need me. Okay? We are done with each other. Get it through your head.” I was getting a little angry. I’ve been trying so hard to move on from Austin and here is his friend begging me to come back. I’m flat out pissed.

“That’s not what he said.”

I stayed quiet for a second. He really wants to get on my nerves. He wants to argue, because I can fight.

“Why should I?” I snapped.

“Well, you know how me is performing in Madison Square Garden this weekend?”

“Ya…”

“He is freaking out! He has had two nervous breakdowns already. He is wicked stressed and all in all a huge mess.”

“So why are you complaining to me?”

I think I’m getting to him.

“You are the only person that can make him happy whenever and you can always calm him down. Please Caitlin…He won’t really talk to anyone. It just is getting worse.”

“I really don’t-“I tried.

“Listen, I know you still have feelings for him so-“I talked before he could finish his sentence. He can see right through me.

“I dropped those feelings just like him.”

“You and I both know that isn’t true.” His voice sounded louder.

“Then why hasn’t he called or at least texted me? Huh?”

“He hasn’t?” He got quieter, but I got louder.

“No! He told me he loved me and then hasn’t talked to me since! I’ve been trying to move on, but my heart won’t let me! Yes, I still love him, but he clearly doesn’t.”

Alex stayed quiet. I was just on the verge of crying.

“You’re just like him. You just avoid your problems.” I was intending on Alex not talking to me.

“Caitlin!” He yelled into the phone even though I still had it pressed to my ear.

“He said the same exact thing about you.”

Really? Does he still feel the same way? Why hasn’t he talked to me since before school started?

“Just please think about it. Okay? If you do come I mailed you tickets. They should be at your house soon. Don’t tell Austin either. He doesn’t know.”

I remained quiet still debating on whether I was going to go or not. This is his dream. Too perform Madison Square Garden is his dream and has been his dream for a while. I can’t let him ruin it. Right? But, then again this is the same person that I’m trying to get over.