7. He's Not That Bad

"He's Not That Bad"

Caitlin’s POV

It’s been a whole week. Nothing new, just cheerleading practice and school. But, one thing was different. Austin wasn’t talking to me at all. We haven’t had any partner work in Math so we don’t talk there either. He hasn’t looked at me yet. Was it because of the kiss? That kiss wasn’t just a kiss. And I knew he knew that too. Sparks flew, as cliché as it sounds.

I was on my way to social studies. I went into the class room placed my books down, and waited for the class to begin. The teacher was a few minutes late so everyone was talking.

“Hey…Caitlin?” I voice said walking closer to me.

I looked up and saw Alex, Austin’s best friend.

“Uh hi Alex what’s up?”

“What did you do to Austin?”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Well first off, he doesn’t want to talk to me he just wants to be alone, and secondly it all started when you to studied together.”

“Oh…well um…” I trailed off looking away.

Alex grabbed a chair and sat next to me.

“He told me everything, the kiss at football, and the kisses last week so…just tell me why you pushed him away.”

“I didn’t push him away I told him that he should leave, nicely.” I answered.

“That’s still pushing away. Seriously just tell me.”

“Fine I did that because one part of my body told me to keep kissing him and another part told me to stop. Then I guess it hit me. He’s the bad boy that I don’t want to associate myself with.”

“He’s not that bad. He really likes you Caitlin and he told me not to tell you that but…” He said.

He really likes you. It just kept replaying in my head. Was I falling for him too?

“Why did he turn this way he must have been ‘normal’ before right?” I asked referring to his bad boy act.

“Well a few years ago Austin started to sing. And he is good. Really good. He started uploading videos to YouTube. Then everything was great until the haters got to him. He couldn’t deal with it. He stopped singing and everything just went downhill from there I guess.” Alex said.

I thought back to the night in his car when he was singing.

“He might sing for you if you asked.” He said a little quieter.

“I’ve heard him sing before, and you’re right he is good. He thought I was asleep though.”

Alex was about the say something when the teacher walked in and told the class to take their seats.

I didn’t pay attention in class. The only thing in my mind was Austin. I tried as hard as I could to think about something else, but it was no use. He really likes you.

Then everything carried on and it was Friday Math was last and again, Austin didn’t talk to me, never mind look at me. The bell rang and school was over. We had a game on Friday this week so today. This was the game Austin could play in. He did I saw his number a few times.

After we had a victorious win, Corry shouted, “Party at my house after the game!”

Corry usually didn’t usually do this but whatever. I went home and brought Rachel with me. We got ready and then Rachel drove us to the party.

I was wearing skinny jeans and a light blue, shear tank top, but with something underneath of course. And my hair was half up-half down with the cheerleading bow. All the boys would wear their jerseys, so the girls wear the bows. Other people come to the party too so it’s not just football players and cheerleaders.

We pulled up to his house and parked. It was crazy. Music blasting and people everywhere most looked drunk. I don’t drink and I wasn’t going to start tonight.

We walked in and grabbed some soda and started dancing. I was accually have fun. So Austin wasn’t on my mind and it was nice.

I decided to sit down and have a brake. I saw some people I knew so I sat down and talked with them.

I was talking and sipping my soda. Everything was great I was having fun. Fun until I looked across the room to see Austin against the wall with some girl all over him. I stopped laughing and my blood boiled. No, I don’t care he can do what he wants. I he really liked me like Alex said. He wouldn’t be all over that girl. I tried to look away, but I would only be able to for a few seconds.

When I looked back over to him the girl was kissing and sucking his neck. I guess he found a new little slut. He looked and saw me. A smirk, that smirk he always does, appeared on his face. Then he winked, pushed the girl off of him and walked away.

What was that all about? I needed sometime to myself, just to calm down because I was still furious. I decided to go to Corry’s room. I knew his house like the back of my hand, like I said we have been friends for years. I opened his door, no one was in there luckily, and I sat down on the bed and just calmed down.

The door opened, I thought it would be Corry, I was wrong. I could see a tall, muscular dark figure in the doorway. Corry’s lights were off and I didn’t bother to turn them on.

“Austin?” I asked.

“You thought wrong princess.” A hand with a cloth covered my mouth and my eyes slowly fell. All I was thinking was , here we go again.