6. Accidentally

"Accidentally"

Austin’s POV

After Caitlin left I couldn’t stop smiling. I like it we she kissed me first. I’m the one who made the first move the other day because I couldn’t control myself. But the guy should make the first move.

The doctor came in and I let Caitlin slip my mind to worry about my concussion.

“Okay Austin, you have a mild concussion, so you only need to skip school for three days and will return on Thursday. I want to rest on the days you take off. You can’t play football at all this week and you can’t play in the game, but next week you are free to practice and play in the game. You also may have a headache for the next couple of days.”

“Alright you heard him get some rest Mahone. Who should I call to pick you up?” Coach asked.

“Uh can I call a close family friend?”

“Sure. Here is my phone.” He handed me his phone and I dialed Alex’s phone number. He wasn’t a family friend, but he was the only one I could call. I don’t really have anyone right now; he is one of my only friends. He doesn’t get involved in my work, but he is always there for me.

He picked up and I told him what happened and before I knew it he was driving me home.

“Thanks Alex.”

“No problem. I’m going to stay for a few hours and make you comfortable.”

We pulled in the drive way and went in the house. The first thing I saw was Dave and Justin and Josh with worried expressions on their face.

“Austin…Dave said that you were suppose to kill the girl. Did you?” Josh asked.

“Ya, I got rid of her this morning and went to football and got hurt so I need to lie down.” I lied.

I made my way to the couch and Alex went to the kitchen. Alex already knew Dave and my boys.

A smile spread across Dave’s face, “Great, her dad just paid the rest of the money.”

“So I really didn’t need to kill her?”  I asked, but I really didn’t care at all I just wanted to make it sound like I cared.

“Guess not, anyway where did u hide her?”

“Lets just say she's gone, for good."

He laughed,”Good job. Now here’s the money. I’ll be out of town for a while so don’t bother me when I’m gone and don’t cause any trouble.

He through a wad of money held together by a rubber band onto my lap. And then walked out the door.

Alex walked in and handed me a sandwich and a glass of ice cold water.

“Man, you’re the best.” I said digging into the sandwich.

“Austin…who did you kill?”

I looked to make sure no one was in the room except us.

“I didn’t really kill anyone, I lied. The person he wanted me to kill was a person who was innocent and didn’t deserve to die.”

“So you know her?” He asked.

“Yes…Alex,” I looked up to him standing in front of me showing that I was serious, “It’s Caitlin the girl I told you about on Friday.”

His eyes widened, “I don’t really want to talk about so let’s just watch a movie.” I said.