30. It's Over

"It's Over"

Caitlin’s POV

Dave then grabbed my neck and had me in a tight head lock. My arm felt a little better because he let go of it. I grabbed it with my other hand and cried even louder.  It was harder to breathe, but I managed. I then realized I had to open my eyes and face whatever or whoever was in front of me.

I slowly opened my eyes. I just wanted to drop to the floor and curl up in a ball. I didn’t want to face what was in front of me.

Austin was staring straight at me with the priceless look. It looked like he cared and was worried. Wait…what? That face was real. I looked him in the eyes and they said it all. I could see it in his eyes. He was seriously worried and sorry. Then why did he say that I was just another girl?

“Remember her?” Dave asked causing both Austin and I to concentrate on Dave.

He gave Dave this death glare. Nothing but pure hatred. He looked like he was going to blow up. He was just standing there with his eyes glued on Dave. His face was that face I said earlier, pure hatred. Austin’s fist were clenched. Why was he just standing there? Dave is making it hard for me to breathe. I could die in a matter of minutes if Dave tightens his grip.

“Yup.” Austin said nonchalantly like it was nothing.

“I remember telling you to kill her months ago.”

“I know.” Austin said looking even angrier if it was even possible.

“Then why didn’t you?” Dave said. As he said it his grip tightened. I quickly grabbed his big arm and tried to pry his arm off of me. Austin noticed and took a step closer to me.

“Take another step I tighten my grip more.” Dave said and Austin stopped right away. “Now answer my question.”

“I didn’t want to kill her.”

“Why?” His grip tightened making it very, VERY hard to breathe.

“You’re hurting her!” Austin yelled lifting his arm and motioning to me.

“You better answer the f*cking question then!” Dave yelled.

“She didn’t deserve to die!” Austin yelled back.

“You are making my blood boil Mahone.” I looked up at Dave.

He looked down at me and smirked.

“You don’t tell me the real reason…I’ll snap her neck right now.” Dave said and I started crying. Austin noticed and just looked into my eyes. I soon closed my eyes focusing on trying to get air through my lungs.

“Three…” Dave started counting down.

“Don’t!” Austin yelled.

“Two…”

Austin looked at me and didn’t take his eyes off me.

“One.”

Just as Dave was going to ‘snap my neck’ Austin finally spoke up, with his eyes still on mine, which were now wide open.

“Because I love her!!!” He yelled in a panicking voice.

Dave smirked and let go of me. I fell to the floor and started coughing trying to breathe normal again. Grasping for air I felt someone’s hand on my back.

I looked up and saw Austin kneeling beside me. I looked him in the eyes; my eyes were watery because I was still crying.

Austin wrapped his arm around my waist and turned me towards him. He was sitting on his calves and then pulled me onto his lap. He pulled me into a tight, safe feeling hug. His hand was stroking my hair and he was slightly rocking.