11. Forget Him

"Forget Him"

Caitlin’s POV

I woke up naturally and stretched in bed. It was beautiful outside good day to walk to school. Wait… SCHOOL! It’s Monday. I looked over to my clock 10:13. Oh my god! I should be in English right now! Why didn’t my phone go off? Did I forget to set it, I thought to myself while hopping in the shower. My phone couldn’t have gone off if I didn’t have it. They took my phone. Where’s the one Austin gave me? I don’t know I just need to get ready, but I probably left it at his house. Ya that’s what I did, when he drove me home I didn’t have anything with me.

No one was home I was finished getting ready and it was 10:59. In one more minute it I would be heading to Math if I didn’t sleep so late. My dad always leaves for work really early. Then me and my sister usually leave around the same time, I don’t pay attention though.

I started walking…well more like speed walking down the side walk. I got through the front doors and looked at the clock in the lobby. 11:09. Ok I had Math. I made a quick stop at my locker to grab my books and put away my bags and knocked on the Math room’s door. The doors were always locked for some reason. Mrs. Haynes opened the door. I couldn’t see in the classroom because she was in front of me, but I knew everyone was staring.

“You’re late.” She scolded.

“I know.  I’m sorry I overslept.” I said.

“I’m going to just let you off with a warning because you are one of my best students in the whole grade.” She said in a whisper so no one could hear. I smiled and walked in.

This was awkward. Austin didn’t even look up. I sat down as Mrs. Haynes handed me the lesson. She told me to work on it silently. I didn’t look at Austin either. But we both looked up as Mrs. Haynes started walking over to us.

“Austin you have been doing good so far. Your grades have really stated to rise. When will you be studying together again?” She asked.

I looked at Austin. He didn’t even look at me, but replied’ “No we are done studying together.”

I wasn’t surprised. I yelled at him and he yelled at me. Honestly we're right back to where we started. I don’t like him. I don’t hate him though. It’s complicated. I know he can be sweet and caring, but other times he can be rude and an asshole. He has his moments.

“Oh really because I think you should keep doing it. It’s really helping.” She said trying to encourage us.

“It just wasn’t working for us. We don’t get along.” I said.

She walked away a little sad. Austin just continued doing his work.

Soon the class ended. That was fast. I walked out. And went to my locker. We had lunch.

“Hey where were you?” Rachel asked tugging on my sleeve sounding really happy.

“Oh my alarm didn’t go off. I just overslept.”

“Oh alright. Come on lets go.” She said as we walked towards the cafeteria and sitting down at our usual table.

Corry walked in laughing with a bunch of other boys. Corry was so sweet. He was the captain of the football team and still hung around with us. We are like the ‘middle class’. We aren’t that popular, but aren’t nerds either. I guess we are the good kind of popular. Not like the school sluts that sleep with a different guy every week. Corry wasn’t like that either. I can think of someone who is though. Corry came and sat down leaving his friends to sit and talk with us.