21. Just Trust Me

"Just Trust Me"

Austin’s POV

 “Ready for this one?” She asked.

I nodded. She stayed quiet for a minute, but then looked at me with a serious look.

“I dare you to…um…to t-to”

“Just tell me. It’s probably not that good anyway.” I said crossing my arms and smirking.

“I dare you to sing.”

I stopped breathing at that moment, I swear.

I don’t sing anymore. I’m back in my old room with my fan posters, guitar, keyboard, and all that stuff, but I just can’t do it.

“You win.” I said.

“No! Come on! Please Austin! You are better than you think.” She yelled.

“Caitlin, I don’t sing anymore…You know that.”

“Then why did you sing in the car with me? Twice.”

I got up and started pacing. She soon got up too and stood in front of me.

“You know, I would think you would know how I feel. You had a beautiful voice in the car too. You said you don’t sing anymore. There are just too many bad memories about it. Am I right?” I said.

I knew the reason she didn’t sing anymore was because her mother use to sing with her all the time.

She stayed quiet and looked down.

“Austin I-“

I covered her mouth with my hand.

“Shh!” I said. “Hey don’t lick my hand!” I whisper yelled at her.

“I can hear someone walking down the hall.” I said.

Caitlin’s POV

My eyes widened.

“Come on.” He said letting go of my mouth, grabbing my cheerleading bag and my arm at the same time.

He tried to drag me into the closet, but I stopped in the door way.

“No. I’m not going in a dark closet with you.” I said.

“You can come with me or get caught. You choose.” He said running to turn off the light.

I groaned and then went into the smallest closet I’ve seen with him. He then closed the door.

“Be quiet.” He said.

We were close. Very close. I have to admit, I kind of like it. But, that doesn’t mean I’m falling for him in any way.

“I was even talking.” I whispered.

“Just shut-“He started but the door opened, not the closets door just the door to the math room, so I put my hand over his mouth, to shut him up.

Then we heard footsteps coming into the room.

I looked at Austin and he was smirking.

I rolled my eyes and took my hand off his mouth.

I looked up the walls seeing math books, boxes of rulers, and other supplies. Honestly I was trying to look anywhere, but Austin. We were very close, like I said I kind of liked it, and I think he did too.