Chapter 87 - Sundays of Hell

It's been a week and it's hell all over again.

Sunday.

I hate sundays.

As I bite my nails standing on the backstage of the studio, the contestants step on stage and my eyes immediately go to George, he seems confident but I know that deep down he's insecure and afraid just like the rest of his bandmates. Just like me. 

I expect another nerve-wrecking wait for the name calling but surprisingly this time Dermot ends my misery sooner.

"Union J!" he calls the boys and the four of them explode in cheers. They throw their fists in the air and tackle their mentor with hugs. I contain myself from jumping on stage to celebrate with them but my happiness is evident thanks to the gigantic smile on my face.

Yet, the smile doesn't last long.

The three contestants left are people I care deeply for and I ache for whoever stays in bottom two, always.

But this time my pain is doubled.

When Dermot calls Rylan as the last one safe, my heart drops.

I can't believe that Ella and James are in the bottom two.

"N-no, no, no!" I sob into George's chest.

"It will be alright baby, she's gonna get through" his grip tightens on me when another ugly sob bursts out of my lips.

"T-this is unbelievable! There has to be something wrong!" the fact that the show's favorite contestants, voted as the two most likely to win, were together on bottom two was absurdly wrong.

I was in hardcore denial. Everyone was. 

There had to be some mistake in the voting. Ella and James were by far two of the best singers in the competition, everyone thought they were gonna be in the final.

But now one of them is not gonna be.

And I know that I want Ella to stay the most but I also really like James, so it's gonna hurt anyways.

"I know, I know" George kisses my hair "But it's gonna be okay, I'm here"

"I love you, I love you so much" I'm wetting his shirt again.

"I love you too, you know it, I love you" he runs his arms up and down my back.

Ella left the hotel to stay the night with her father, she really needed him to support and coach her. She always talks wonders about her dad and how he has always helped her accomplishing her dreams. She made a good decision by staying at his hotel tonight, I would be whining and crying for hours, being a huge burden to her.

And now George has again assumed his boyfriend duties and came here to comfort me. He'll probably leave when I fall asleep, leaving me to wake up alone with the fear of losing my best friend.

As the thought crosses my mind, my crying turns to almost hysterical.

"Please, George, please stay with me tonight" I beg him "Please"

"Laura-" he begins to protest. I know it's selfish of me because he's not allowed to stay in my room and we can get caught, but I already almost lost him last week, I can't bear to stand feeling alone again.

"Please"

"I'll stay like last time, I'll go aft-" he's being responsible and I know I'm being the reckless one but I just can't be on my own tonight.

"Please, George" another never ending sob cuts through my voice "I need you"

He stares into my eyes three seconds before nodding and kissing my forehead. Rocking my trembling body in his arms.