Chapter 29 - I Keep Bleeding Love

I could only see one person on stage, it was Jaymi. He started singing and I recognized the song “Bleeding Love” by Leona Lewis. When the chorus came the lights went on and I saw the rest of Union J looking amazing as ever. Wearing a bunch of jackets they looked like 4 models from a winter catalog. Suddenly I felt myself smiling, they seemed so different from the boys I had met at the hotel, more confident and fancy, you could even say it was kind of weird seeing them like that.

Then they started strolling around the stage, singing James Morrison’s “Broken Strings”, making me realize it was a medley. It sounded great. They bypassed the judge’s panel and made their way closer to the audience, giving attention to the fans. I was right in front of the 4 boys, JJ was the first one to notice me, he smiled and I grinned back. Jaymi and Josh saw me too and I made a thumbs up sign. When George finally made eye contact with me, I smiled as sweetly as I could and he returned the gesture. He was so handsome, smiling at me with those dimples. I felt my heart doing a backflip inside my chest and my smile grew wider.

While they were singing the chorus “I keep bleeding love”, as cheesy as it sounds, I actually was feeling like that. The confusion towards my feelings for Alex and George was really big, it made me afraid. I didn’t want to hurt anybody and I didn’t want to be hurted as well.

And in that moment, when our eyes met, I didn’t dare to look away, I knew there were about 100 people in the arena, but for me at least, it seemed like we were the only ones in the room. Me and George, he singing and I watching. It was such an intense look, it reminded me of when we were about to kiss. The passion in the air and such a strange but delightful feeling, the waiting for our lips to touch.

The look we shared didn’t last that long, but through the whole time, till the song ended, George didn’t look away and neither did I. When they finished singing the last line “You cut me open” he had to break our gazing and head back to the front of the stage to hear what the judges had to say.

I got up from my chair and clapped my hands as hard as I could. Feeling so proud of the boys. All the judges loved their performance, saying how they got everything right this week, making the boyband cheer and hug each other. Nicole even said that they we’re gonna sell the O2 one day if they kept working like that. It’s official, Nicole is the best judge ever, I love her.

Dermot came on stage and asked the boys some questions. They told them how hard they had worked that week and they thanked the judge’s for the wonderful compliments. I heard the girls cheering and screaming their names, I felt a bit jealous. I saw the boys blushing a little, they had such big smiles on their faces, the host announced the voting number and camera’s turned to them. “For now is Josh, JJ, Jaymi and George, also known as Union J!” Dermot said as they left the scene.

I was able to get a last glimpse of George, he looked directly into my eyes and smiled gently at me before exiting the stage and disappearing into the flashing lights.