Chapter 15 - I Hate a Blonde Unknown Girl

I knocked on Ella’s door and Lucy Spraggan opened it “Hi” I said smiling “I’m Laura” “So you’re George’s girl!” she said laughing “W-what?” I mumbled blushing “Sorry, I told her” I heard Ella’s voice coming from the bathroom “I know everything” Lucy said winking at me “Come in!” I entered on the room, pretty messy, but you know, girl messy; dresses, skirts, make-up on the floor and shoes all over the place. “Are you excited for Rylan’s party?” Ella asked coming out of the bathroom and greeting me with a hug “Yeah…I think so” I responded “Of course you are excited!” she said “And what are you wearing?” “Hum, this?” I replied looking down. I was wearing a white tank top, denim jacket, red jeans and black converse. I know it was simple, but I didn’t really know what to wear to a party on an X factor contestant hotel room. “No, no, no” Ella said checking my look, “Lucy, help me find a new outfit for Laura”

After a while, I was completely transformed. A makeover done by Ella Henderson and Lucy Spraggan. I was still wearing my white tank top, but with a black lace skirt, burgundy ankle boots and a gold maxi necklace. “Isn’t this too much?” I said looking in the mirror “You need to show some legs!” Lucy said “Boys like that” she pointed out, “You’re not even finished yet, I’ll be doing your make-up!” Ella told me while she curled her hair. 30 minutes later we were all ready, wearing stylish clothes and sparkly eye-shadow. I still thought it was too much, but Ella told me Rylan was like, the king of sparkly outfits and that everyone from X factor would dress fancy. I sighed “Are these really necessary?” I asked pointing the heels on the ankle boots “Yes, stop asking!” Ella replied, we were walking down the corridor but I was more trying to walk then actually doing it. “I can’t walk on them” I admitted “I usually don’t wear heels” “Well today is not a usual day, is it?” she asked smiling and knocking on the room.

A skinny guy with blue eyes opened the door. I could hear the loud music and see quite a lot of people on the inside “ELLA!” “LUCY!” he screamed hugging them both “Hey Rylan! This is Laura, the friend I told you about” Ella said introducing me “Hi” I smiled blushing “LAURA!” he screamed hugging me too, he seemed drunk, but nice. “I’M THROUGH NEXT WEEK, LET’S PARTY!” he screamed pushing us into the room.

I saw many of the people I had seen on the TV, James Arthur, MK1, District3 (omg), Kye Sones…and some I had never seen in my life. Rylan’s room was really big and I could tell there was as much famous people in there as not famous too. “Have a drink!” he said pointing to a balcony with lots of bottles and cups. I was 17, yet I had already drank before, never to a point of passing out, but I wasn’t worried really. We drank some cocktails and sat on a couch, I was having an interesting conversation with Jade Ellis and Charlie from MK1, when Ella interrupted us “Laura come here!” she said taking my arm “What is it?” I said, I could feel myself a bit drunk, but still kind of conscious, “George is here” she whispered to me “Where?” I asked her, she pointed to the door, Union J had just arrived.

“Heeey guys!” I said walking up to them and hugging each band member, they all hugged back and greeted me. I couldn’t avoid noticing the way George looked at me, I know, X factor contestants really do give you a great makeover, I was looking good and can’t deny it. “I don’t want to be rude or anything boys, but can I borrow George for a while?” I asked them. At this point I know what you’re thinking “But aren’t you like a shy little girl, using all that bird and tiger metaphor on the other chapter? Blushing and stuff? Where is the quiet girl you described yourself to be?!” Well, you bitches calm down, it’s kind of obvious. I was under the effect of the alcoholic cocktails I had taken before and as you may know, they make shy people (or any kind of people really) become some sassy, impetuous, dashing motherfuckers. And right, now, I was a sassy, impetuous, dashing motherfucker.

“Sure, you can have him. Just make sure he gets to rehearsals on time!” Jaimy laughed heading to the balcony “It’s party time bitches!” I heard him scream. I pulled George by the arm and made him sit on a couch “Haha, are you drunk?” he asked smirking at me “Yes and no” I replied sitting by his side “We need to talk” I said, “I know” he responded biting his lip “god, I know they say lip biting is hot, but George doing it is like another level of hotness” I thought observing his lips “Are you looking at my mouth?” he laughed, I blushed and stopped staring “Maybe” I said “So you were…” he concluded “Don’t change the subject George” I said getting serious “Why didn’t you answer my text?” “I didn’t want to make things weird…” he said “But they are and the only thing we can do to change that is by talking” I pointed out “But what there is to talk about?” he asked “Well, the kis-“ I was about to say the word that made us get into an awkward place; the kiss, the almost kiss, my lips inches apart from George’s, not our lips together, that was the damn problem; but I was interrupted by a blonde girl “GEORGE!” she shouted falling into his lap and making herself comfortable in his legs “I missed you baby” she said kissing his cheek and putting her arms around his neck. My cheeks became red, not from timidity, but from anger. “H-hi?” he mumbled confused “Yeah hi” I said through gritted teeth “Are you George’s friend?” she asked me. The blonde bimbo was pretty and I was jealous. She was wearing a short pink dress, emphasis on the short please, and even though she had a fake tan and excessive mascara, her blonde hair and blue eyes were pretty; but that doesn’t mean I hate her less, in fact I hated her even more. I had just met her, but you know, the typical slut girl who flirts with the boy you like? Yeah you’ll probably hate her too.

“Yes, I think” I said narrowing my eyes and looking to George “You don’t know? So what are you doing here?” she said rudely “I think I’m leaving” I replied getting out of the sofa “Laura wait” George said “I don’t even know this girl!” “What? You said you loved me!” I heard the blonde girl protest.

I went to the balcony and drank some shots; I was angry, really angry, but sad too. Who was that blonde? And did George really say he loved her? I didn’t want to know. I stormed out of the room and sat on the hall. I buried my hands on my face and started to cry.