Chapter 38 - We Schedule a Conversation

“Oh, hi Laura!” he said “G-George?” I mumbled surprised “Yeah it’s me” he giggled. I kept staring at his face (which by the way I’m sure you already know is gorgeous) “Aren’t you suppose to not be here?” I said “Woah, so you don’t want me here?” he replied “No, no, I  mean, Ella said all the contestants were at rehearsals” “I’m feeling a bit sick so I decided to stay in” he responded “Although I’ll probably head back soon” “Oh, right”.

I read in a magazine once that if you meet a person, talk with them, but run out of things to say, the silence that comes after has a time limit. If it’s more than 4 seconds, the conversation becomes oficially awkward. After my “Oh, right” I counted the seconds, 12. We stood there for 12 seconds without saying anything, you could feel the awkwardness creeping in.

“Erm, so…how are you?” he finally asked “I’m good, yeah, what about you?” I replied “I’m good too” he responded “Any news?” “Actually…yes” I took a deep breath “I went to the Xtra factor studios this morning” “For?” “They wanted me to work…in the show” “What?” he said, “They hired me to do some clips on the Xtra factor, but I don’t know exactly what I’ll do to be honest, they’re still deciding and planning it. I agreed with it and signed a contract, they’ll give me free stuff in return” I answered. George stood there, seeming kind of speechless “Wow…hum, that’s great” this words came out of his mouth.

“Well, yeah, thanks” I smiled lightly. We we’re running out of things to say again, I felt it coming. God, we were so close and happy back then, why things had to change? Oh, yeah, because you didn’t kiss him. Stupid.

A little buzzing noise came out of George’s pocket. “I need to go” he said looking at his phone screen “X Factor is calling” he smiled. It was the sweetest smile ever, so gentle, yet, it didn’t match his eyes.

“It was nice seeing you La-” he started saying “George stop” I cut him off, “We can’t go on like this, we just can’t. It’s too weird and I feel awful and I think, no wait, I know, that we need to talk, seriously”. I finally said it, spilled my guts out, told the truth. My heart was pounding and I let a relief breath out, it was hard saying that but it needed to be done.

He looked down “I know…” “George I’m sorry, I’m a complete mess and an idiot, but I want to figure things out. I like you too much to continue acting in this stupid, awkward way and I just wanted things to go back to normal I can’t-” I was babbling now, luckily George stopped me.

“You like me too much?” he raised his head and I saw a little spark in his eyes “Well..yeah, you know” I blushed, now it was my time to look down. I felt his body moving closer to me and I couldn’t help but smile. Things were seeming to be headed in the right direction, when the fucking phone buzzed again.

“Shit, I’m sorry” he said moving away and taking his phone out “I really need to go” “It’s okay…” I sighed, “But hey did you know that Rylan’s birthday is next week?” he said “Hum, no” “Well it is and he is having this huge party, I’m sure he’ll invite you, he just doesn’t know the place yet” he continued talking “You said we needed to talk, why don’t we meet there and figure things out?” he suggested grinning like a little kid.

“Ok, sure” I replied “Rylan’s party, I don’t know where or when, yeah sure” “I’m telling you, next week! Probably friday or saturday, I don’t know exactly when, but it will happen!” he said “And our talk? Will that really happen?” I asked “Yes, it will” he responded looking directly into my eyes, leaning closer (I must tell you that resulted in my heart doing a backflip inside my chest).

Buzz Buzz

“Argh” George snorted in frustration “I really need to go, like right now” “You gotta do what you gotta do” I replied also frustrated. He gave me a quick hug and I tried to enjoy every second of it, then he let go “Bye Laura” “Bye George” I sighed and headed to the restaurant.

I was almost arriving at it’s entrance when I heard “Laura wait!”, I turned around and a running George Shelley was coming in my direction, he stopped inches apart me “That was really a stupid goodbye” he said. And then he kissed me.

AN: Yey, chapter 38 it's up! Now guys I know this was short but it took me an hour to make it the way I wanted, so please don't complain about the size because it's the content that matters! Hehe, anyway, now I'll only be able to update next friday ok? The 15th, until then hope you enjoy this chapter :) xx