Chapter 69 - Love Story

I finally find the seat that has my name on it and feel like a fucking pop star. It's just a piece of paper glued on a chair but come on, let me enjoy the little things.

The show is about to start and I'm seating alone next to some strangers that have paid more money to see the performances closer. It's mostly girls, fangirls I could tell. Bet they would drool over Union J and District3.

I feel lonely since my friends are not seating with me but actually performing on stage, oh well, that's what you get befriending X factor contestants. Not even to say a certain boyfriend...wonder what he was talking about with the "I'll be singing it to you" 

The thought alone just sent shivers down my spine. I was not really used to romantic gestures or even a relationship to be honest. 

"Are you Laura Carter?" my thoughts are interrupted by a girly voice.

"What?" I turn around.

"I asked if you are Laura Carter" I see a teenage girl, red hair, probably my age, repeating her question. I blink a few times before answering.

"Hum, yes"

"Can I take a picture with you?" she asks.

"Sure" I reply. She takes her phone out and I smile awkwardly when she leans her head next to mine and snaps a picture.

"Thanks" she beams "If I may ask, aren't you suppose to be doing the Xtra factor?"

"Yes, but I wanted to see my friends perform first" I respond.

"Aren't you going to be late?"

"I'm not staying until the end"

"Who are you gonna see?"

"I don't know, it depends on the order of the performances" I shrug.

"Are you gonna see Union J?" she questions and I feel like I know where this is going.

"I don't know, are you?" I question back.

"I paid a lot of money for this seat so hell yeah I am" the girl answers.

"So I take you're a fan of them?" I laugh at her response.

"Yep" she smiles "They say you are dating one of them"

"They who, exactly?" I arch an eyebrow.

"Magazines, gossip websites, fans...everyone basically" she responds and the lights on the room begin to fade out "Is it true?"

"You know, you shouldn't believe in everything you hear" I tell her as the intro song starts.

I turn to face the stage and try to forget about the red-head pushing to know about George.

"This is where your saturday nights begin!" Dermot O'Leary enters on stage looking handsome as ever and I wonder if Amelia would agree with me.

God, I haven't seen her in a while, since I moved into Ella's room I barely got to see her. I wish she was here with me to watch the show. 

"Sorry Laura" I remember her saying "Coffee shop duties, I'll need to work late tonight" she said when I invited her. 

I find myself once again emerged in my thoughts and suddenly the performances are already starting. 

I stand on my feet and clap vigorously when Ella finishes singing "Firework" by Katy Perry, the judges as always compliment her a lot and the crowd cheers.

After the break Dermot announces Union J will be the next act taking the stage and I become anxious as a 5 year-old. The red-head next to me seems to notice that.