Chapter 80 - Memories

The room is bright.

Too bright.

I groan as I try to keep my eyes closed. Why is there so much light coming in anyway?

I try to toss the covers over my head but there are none, where are the sheets?

Turning around I see who has stolen them, golden hair sprawled over the pillow next to mine. Why is Ella on my bed? I hear soft snores coming from her own mattress and I look over to see Jaymi and If I’m not mistaken he’s even drooling.

What happened last night?

Why is my head hurting so much?

Because you got drunk, duh.

Ah, come on, let me keep this naive act for a bit longer. I’ve never gotten properly drunk since a month ago and never expected to have a blackout of it.

The memories start to come in flashes.

"Don’t be like that Laura, you know I don’t wanna go either" George brings his hands to my cheek, caressing it softly.

"This is Olivia" Alex says "My girlfriend"

"We are not seeing each other" I lie for what it seems like the thousandth time, maybe it is.

"We should all do a shot and go dance" 

The last one I remember more clearly, one shot turned into five that turned into eight and then it’s all down hill.

The memories that are coming now are the ones where I was still lightly intoxicated.

”Let it go George” I try to seductively whisper, my lips inches away from his.

"It’s you that wanted to hold on" he laughs pulling away slightly, but with his arms still on my hips.

Where has this boldness come from? Oh, yeah, from the many liters of alcohol that were cursing through my veins.

And as expected, the flashing memories are soon replaced by a not so familiar pounding headache.

"Fuck" I bring my hands to my head.

"Hum, what?" Ella grumbles.

"I’m never drinking again" I collapse besides her.

"Yeah, right" she mutters "That’s what everyone says"

"You are 16 for god’s sake!" I laugh then regret doing so as the pounding in my head seems to increase.

"A girl wise beyond your years, such an old beautiful soul" she quotes the judges comments on her latest performance and I swear I can feel the smirk in her voice.

"Yeah, right" I mutter back.

"Will you two shush?" Jaymi’s head appears beneath the covers "Someone’s trying to sleep here"

"May I remind you that this is our room" Ella stucks her tongue out.

"And may I remind you that I was the one who dragged your ass here to the safety of your precious little room"

An image of Ella hanging on Jaymi’s arms crosses my head. 

"Carry me Jaymi!" she giggles.

"I’m trying!" he slurs, both drunk out of their minds.

"Why are you touching my boobs, aren’t you gay?" Ella says a bit too loud.