Chapter 26 - Twitter Scandals & Concert Tickets

A week went by after that twitter fight with sugarscape. Actually it wasn’t a fight, I was just defending my accent, but of course the media always find a way to distort the facts.

They were calling it “Laura’s twitter scandal” and that’s what they put as the headline on the website, a whole article saying how rude and immature I was. And they did not forget to mention about the George thing. Me holding hands with a famous boyband member, how attention-seeker I was and blablabla. All bullshit. But of course, before all of this happened, while I was still learning how to use twitter, almost everyone from the X factor followed me. Some even retweeted me and replied.

@RylanClark: @Laura18  you go girl! Brazil rules! Xx

@Ella__Henderson@Laura18  just arrived and it’s already catching fire!

And to my surprise, my favorite british boyband also supported me:

@UnionJworld: @Laura18 well look who showed up…xx

@UnionJworld: @Laura18 turned the #sass on! X Jaymi

I didn’t know who wrote that last tweet, I wondered if it was George, but I couldn’t be sure. So I just answered back:

@Laura18: @RylanClark aaaaw love you Ry! #RylanStyle xx

@Laura18: @Ella__Henderson you know me so well xx

@Laura18: @UnionJworld I try my best, thank you for the recognition hahah xx

After all that, it was obvious. I was the Laura that hanged out will Ella Henderson and Union J at the mall. Making me kind of famous I guess and earning a number of followers on twitter that I could never expect to have. Most of them were asking about the George rumors and some complementing me about my response to sugarscape. I laughed at the replies; people were funny, but slightly crazy.

And through that whole week, I went to the coffee shop and did my job, but luckily never saw Alex. His shifts were in the morning, while mine were at night. And I never received any calls from him, just one text, that I didn’t even answer:

From: Alex Maynard

You’re not working at the coffee shop anymore?

I knew what I had to do, but was avoiding it at all costs. How could I tell Alex I didn’t feel the same way if I had kissed him back? I was just a stupid girl who made a mistake and was afraid to face it.

And to top it off, George still hasn’t texted me like he promised, like that’s new.

It was Friday night and I was waiting for Amelia to come back from the shop. Lying in bed with my phone in my hands, having a mental discussion with myself on what to do. I selected Alex’s contact and was about to send him a message:

To: Alex Maynard

Hey, sorry I didn’t answer you, but we need to talk, can we meet?

I thought about sending him that, but I don’t know, for me it kind of sounds like I want a commitment or was demanding something. I erased the message and sighed. That’s when my phone ringed:

-Hey Ella – I picked up looking at the caller ID.

- Hiiii! – she responded.

- What’s up? – I asked.

- Just calling to invite you for something- she giggled.

- Is it another party at Rylan’s room? I don’t think the last one went too well – I said remembering my ugly crying and that awful blonde girl.

- No! Of course not, I was there too you know, I remember – she replied – But anyway, it’s not a party, it’s a show. A live show.

- Am I finally going to see the Beatles live? – I asked laughing already knowing the answer.

- Oh shut up! You know what this is, you’re invited to the X factor live show tomorrow!

- Ahhh, that’s a shame I really like the Beatles – I teased.

- I’m sorry to inform you, but in case you didn’t know, that band doesn’t make tours anymore Laura – she said sarcastically.

- I’m just messing with you Ella! Thank you for inviting me I would love to go! – I responded.

- Great! I’ve got backstage passes too, for you and Amelia.

- Can’t believe you took the time to arrange those tickets Ella, seriously, thank you so much, Amelia will love you forever and she’ll fangirl through the whole show.

- Hahaha, it wasn’t any trouble, the producers always give us lots of free tickets and it would be awesome if you'd come, I could show you all the magic behind the scenes – she laughed.

- Schamazing! 

- And you know…he will be there too – she reminded me.

- Yeah, I know – I sighed. It would be lovely to see the boys perform live, but I didn’t know what to say to George if I saw him – But I don’t care, I’m going to see Ella Henderson sing live!

- That’s the spirit! I have to go now, but I’ll come by your room later to give you the tickets ok?

- Sure – I responded – Bye Ella!

- Byeeee – she said – How do you say in Portuguese? Tchau Laura! Haha

- Tchau! - I smiled hanging up.

So, I’m going to see the boy I like sing live in a television show for over 8 million people. That’s normal. Yeah, every girl does that on a Saturday night. Ok, not really. I felt myself already over thinking about tomorrow when I heard someone at the door.

-Hello dear! – Amelia greeted me – How was your day?

- It was fine – I answered her – And what about yours?

- Oh you know, just making cupcakes, fixing Italian coffee machines, dealing with clients, all that stuff – she responded – Any news?

I didn’t answer her, just grinned in return.

-What?- she demanded curiously.

- Are you busy tomorrow night? – I asked her.

- No – she replied.

- Great, cause we got a live show to attend.