Sacrifice

Two months had passed by and there was still no improvement on Spencer's condition.

Donavan visited everyday, sitting by her bed and telling her stories, singing her songs, reminiscing on old times with her and most of all, weeping.

To make it all worse, Kaden had gone missing. Since the night Blake told him about her predicament, he shifted and took off without a word except for the letter he left by Spencer's bedside with her name written in bold letters on the front of it.

Since the letter had Spencer's name on it, everyone decided to respect their privacy and not read it, with hopes that Spencer would wake one day and be able to read it and figure out where Kaden was.

Blake was a complete and utter mess. Kaden's disappearance took a huge toll on her. She stopped eating, stopped sleeping, she stopped doing anything human.

She gave up on life. Two weeks after Kaden had left her without an explanation. She spent the first week staring out their balcony, waiting for him to return and after he didn't, she spent the second week crying and starving herself.

She locked herself up in the holding cell where she had killed Grendel, taking out her anger and sadness by repeatedly bringing Grendel back to life only to kill her again, using up her powers.

Donavan was witting by sitting by Spencer's bedside, rubbing her stomach soothingly when he felt her stomach twitch. It wasn't the usual thing he felt when his boys were kicking, so he knew something was wrong.

He looked up into Spencer's face, although she looked indifferent, he knew something was out of place. He decided not to think too much about it, but when he placed his hand on her stomach again, the twitching continued. Being the overprotective and doting mate he is, he pushed the button by her bedside, calling for the doctor.

When the doctor came in and took in the scene, he was immediately on high alert.

Donavan wouldn't let anyone near his mate, making it harder for the team of doctors and nurses to do their jobs.

"Your highness, I'd like you to move away from her please, so we can do our job." The doctor finally spoke with a hint of irritation in his voice.

Donavan growled at him, refusing to step away from Spencer. He let out a strangled cry when he watched as a clear liquid tinged with blood began soaking the bed beneath her.

"Your highness, the babies are coming and her wolf is already pushing. You have to let us do our jobs." The doctor pleaded but Donavan still wasn't relenting.

His wolf had taken over, and his only priority was to protect his mate and pups. Whenever someone would attempt to near Spencer, Donavan was quick on his feet, picking them up and flinging them away like they weighed noting, successfully incapacitating two doctors.

When the doctors realized there was no stopping him, they had to call in reinforcements.

Donavan crouched low, preparing himself to attack, when two big burly men walked into the room, and right behind them were Spencer's and Kaden's parents along with Blake.

"Donavan, son you have to let them work on her, the babies are coming." Conrad, always the voice of reason tried to get through to him, but it wasn't working.

"No one, and I mean no one is coming within fifteen feet of my mate." He growled out.

"Well, are you going to deliver the damn babies by yourself?" A voice no one had heard in over two months spoke, attracting everyones attention.

There, at the doorway, stood a haggard looking Kaden. His eyes sweeping over everyone in the room, and stopping at Blake. Looking into her eyes, he didn't know what to feel. He had spent everyday for the last two months, trying to forget her, trying to make it easier on himself when he finally had to let her go.